RMT Music Alternate Reality Atari 8 bit

6 replies to this topic

#1 MEtalGuy66 OFFLINE  

MEtalGuy66

River Patroller

• 2,768 posts
  • If it aint broke, fix it anyway!

Posted Wed Sep 7, 2016 2:51 PM

My brother just dug up this MIDI file that he made back in the 90s of the "Alternate Reality: The City" intro tune. 

Perhaps one of you RMT musicians can import it into RMT and do something really cool with it.

http://www.rasterlin...ate_Reality.mid

My brother's name is Chris Jones, if you need to mention credit for the midi conversion. 

Have fun!

#2 miker OFFLINE  

miker

Stargunner

• 1,855 posts
  • Stay Atari!

Posted Thu Sep 8, 2016 11:51 AM

OK. Tried something in RMT 1.28 patch 8.

WARNING! - not for everyone! (you have been officially warned).

OK, Show time! :D

And, oh... Turn STEREO on!

Attached Files

#3 miker OFFLINE  

miker

Stargunner

• 1,855 posts
  • Stay Atari!

Posted Thu Sep 8, 2016 10:24 PM

OK, you don't have to say anything.

Perhaps I'll try it another way. ;)

#4 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,002 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Fri Sep 9, 2016 8:17 AM

There's just something about patch 8 which I don't find pleasing.  This will be a tough conversion though (at least for me to judge) because I don't like the original MOD either.

#5 MEtalGuy66 OFFLINE  

MEtalGuy66

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,768 posts
  • If it aint broke, fix it anyway!

Posted Fri Sep 9, 2016 12:06 PM

Hey. Feel free to change whatever you guys want.. Theres no "rights" on this thing. I just provided the MIDI file to save time. My brother made it just for fun and he doesn't care what you do with it. If you make something kewl with it, great. If you want to give him credit for the MIDI file, fine. If not, that's also fine. If you want to keep some of it, and change other parts completely, great.. Go for it..

I just like the Alternate Reality intro tune, and have often wondered how much it could be improved apon with today's modern POKEY music tools..

Edited by MEtalGuy66, Fri Sep 9, 2016 12:07 PM.

#6 emkay OFFLINE  

emkay

Quadrunner

• 9,335 posts
  • What's up?

Posted Fri Sep 9, 2016 1:31 PM

I just like the Alternate Reality intro tune, and have often wondered how much it could be improved apon with today's modern POKEY music tools..

Those music tools can do miracles, as they put 8 voices out of a stock A8 ...abracadabra... ;)

And, well the AR Tune. Could be interesting to have an audible one on the "stock" A8.
Thanks for posting the MID anyways. Sounds good.

#7 rdefabri OFFLINE  

rdefabri

Star Raider

• 93 posts

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:48 AM

Those music tools can do miracles, as they put 8 voices out of a stock A8 ...abracadabra... ;)

And, well the AR Tune. Could be interesting to have an audible one on the "stock" A8.
Thanks for posting the MID anyways. Sounds good.

Yes, which is why I avoid RMT "stereo" mode.  And while I'm totally loving RMT, I realize the limitations - it's an emulator, but not the real thing.  It's awesome you CAN load the .xex on a real machine, but my A8 is in boxes, so I'm relying on the output on a Windows laptop.

Would love to see some of these screen captured on a real machine / POKEY to understand differences (e.g., volume, combining channels, alternate waveforms, etc).  I'm pretty sure you've done this, but I'm thinking about picking up a cheap XL / XE to give it a go myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RMT, Music, Alternate Reality, Atari 8 bit

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users