IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Worked some more on Game Gear

RSS Bot

So I picked up where I left off on Mr. Ultra 2. I decided there will only be 5 levels instead of 7 like Mr. Ultra 1 had. The reason is there isn't enough room to have 7 levels, each with their own background, song, and an ending and a game over screen. So five it is. I think I can fit an ending screen and a game over screen in the game. I figured since Mr. Ultra is at the giant's house, he might as well need to use the bathroom. So what the quest is is for Mr. Ultra needing to go to the bathroom on his walk. But he got lost and so he's trying to find a bathroom. And he ends up at this giant's house and decided to use his bathroom since the giant who lives there isn't home. He won't be charged with breaking and entering because he's Mr. Ultra. The next Game Gear project I will do I will do it on the new computer since the old one died on me but I was able to resurrect it for the umpteenth time. It's so old it has Vista on it. I just hope it will last long enough to finish Mr. Ultra 2. I was able to finish the second animated show episode I had been working on. I got both stored on DVD and on my new computer. I was thinking about what song to play in the Giant's house. Is there a song about houses? Then I thought of the old song that goes "be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." So I put that in there. So the stuff left to do is this:
- make new enemy for level 5
- make separate layout for level 5
- design ending screen
- compose ending screen music
- design game over screen
- compose game over screen
- make it so it starts at level 1
All things I shouldn't have a problem with. "Shouldn't" being the key word here. Too bad there isn't a song about going to the bathroom I could use as the ending screen. Oh well.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13309-worked-some-more-on-game-gear/