IGNORED

WHITE DOT NIGHTMARE ! no sound, no game

Funkyspectrum

Hi there. My Vectrex has thrown a wobbly and I don't know what to do, I'm really frustrated. I have a white dot slightly off centre and up a little in the middle right of the screen. This just sits there. If I unplug the x,y,z inside then the dot jumps to the centre. Not sure if this means anything. I've checked the voltages from the board where the -5, gnd, 5 and 13 connector goes and they're all okay.

I just don't know what's wrong. Have tried re-siting all the chips, too. It was fine last night now it's doing this. Please if anyone knows how to help I would love to hear from you !

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem. Same story about voltages checking out etc. Only posting because the above poster mentioned replacing the 6522. I did this with out any joy. Still displays the same symptoms. If you figure out yours please let me know, and I'll do the same. I'm still stuck troubleshooting.

• 4 months later...

I have long searched the web and found others who have this problem but none of them revealed answers, I have the same problem, and seeing these posts were from 6 or so months ago was wondering if anyone found a solution?

One question I wanted to ask those who have this problem, have you tried running a game from a cart rather then the onboard game? This leads my unit to many different little squiggles or lines on the screen when I reset and move the card around. Once when I tried to run Bezerk while wriggling the cart, it booted!! It was the first time I saw the Vectrex boot screen or heard sound! it wasn’t a stable picture, but showed me it can run to some degree.

I Included a video below of what it did. As soon as I pressed reset though, I got the white dot north east of the center again.

Just thought I would shed light on the subject, that may help finding answers :)