IGNORED

How to open a 2600 game without damaging the box?

koifish

Hi all, I have come into possession of a copy of Star Raiders (big box version with keypad). I bought it so I could play, but upon opening the box I've discovered inside are two smaller boxes. One box is the keypad box, which looks to have at least been looked at once (the box wasn't sealed but the contents inside were practically unused), and the other box was a copy of Star Raiders, apparently sealed (there is a hang tab which is not separated from the back of the box). I want to play it (and read the comic inside), but I don't want to mangle the box too much in the process. What's the 'proper procedure' for opening a 2600 game box and not causing much damage? Thanks all, sorry if this has been asked before, I wasn't really sure what to search to find a thread on this.

Well I gave it a shot, couldn't do it perfectly unfortunately but ah well, such is the nature of things.

Though realistically if I had thought about it, heating the glue with a hair dryer would probably have reactivated the agent and made it easier to remove without ripping off parts of the box.

Either way, always fun opening a new game, even if it's an old new game. Thanks for the help.