IGNORED

Lotharek HxC Issues

Arnuphis

So, I finally got my disk controller card back and finally had a chance to try it out. Using a straight through cable. Plugged in a 3.5 floppy and it's seen as DSK2. DM formats and catalogues it just fine. Added the HxC into the mix. Latest firmware, 12v yellow lead cut, config file on the SD card. Set up as Shugart with auto options off etc. ID0 switch on, everything else off. Added an HFE image and it is selected on the LED screen. Tried to access it as DSK1 and got Error 16. Tried to access the floppy(DSK2) and I am getting 'not initialized' error. Took the floppy off and I get Error 16 with DSK1/DSK2/DSK3. I took off the HxC and put the floppy back on and everything is fine again as DSK2.

Any ideas? Cannot seem to get my Lotharek recognized as DSK1.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like it may have been an SD card issue(!) drive is now accessed but I get a 'disk not initialized' error.

Did you load it up with files per the instructions? and include the config file? fat32 format etc..

The SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator need the HXCSDFE.CFG be present on the SDCard. This file contains the floppy emulator settings and the path of last floppy file used/selected. The HXCSDFE.CFG file can be created with the HxC Floppy Emulator software or can be found in the firmware zip file: http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxCFloppyEmulator_firmware.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. I have the F18a installed and that's a VGA LCD. Will work on getting that menu system and a bunch of nice stuff on the SD now everything is working.

I have a pretty good write up if you have not seen it in Volume #1, Issue #9 of my Newsletter under the SOFTWARE section.

HERE

I love the 9640 Menu System!

• Like 2

The list of programs that "exploit the features of the F18A" is not strictly accurate. A number of the programs listed work fine on a system with a 9938/9958 (i.e., AVPC, EVPC. TIM, or Geneve). The F18A is not the only (or original) answer for an 80-column system. In fact, the 9640 Menu system requires an HSGPL or similar card to use the full potential of the menu.

• Like 1

The list of programs that "exploit the features of the F18A" is not strictly accurate. A number of the programs listed work fine on a system with a 9938/9958 (i.e., AVPC, EVPC. TIM, or Geneve). The F18A is not the only (or original) answer for an 80-column system. In fact, the 9640 Menu system requires an HSGPL or similar card to use the full potential of the menu.

Sorry, I claim total ignorance about what will run on the 9938 or 9958 based cards, so I suppose it's up to someone else more knowledgeable to take the time and effort to make a list for those devices and it's users. I made the list for the growing legion of F18A users and for those who may be thinking about getting one, so they would know what is out there and available.

Something I noticed... I have to search for a document on the HxC firmware.

I installed the LCD and third button on my GoTek this weekend. If you hold the third button down, it takes you to an options menu.
If I held the button down, it took me in to an options menu where I could perform file and disk level operations on the file selected. AZt least that's what it appeared to be to me. I could rename the file (how without a KB I dunno), and initialze disk file and other things.

I have to admit, I made mental note of it and decided I would check it out in more detail later on. I was in the middle of wrapping up a 3 day modification project on my PEB so I wasn't about to stop and play with the gotek just yet.

But if you have that third button LCD mod completed. you can check it out now.