IGNORED

Towering Inferno for the Intellivision

Kiwi

Just a small question. Why isn't

if x>220 and x<35 then 

doesn't work. And this work around does?

if x>220 then goto movethisenemy
if x<35 then

I think you want an "or" rather than an "and".

if x>220 OR x<35 then ...

I would also recommend adding some parentheses just for clarity:

if (x>220) OR (x<35) then...

I like the flames that chase you though. Looks cool!

Catsfolly

• Like 1

I got it working. Thank you nanochess and catsfolly.

post-24767-0-74605000-1476160694_thumb.gif

if y<25 or y>230 then
if x<35 or x>220 then
if badx(i)>vmx then badx(i)=badx(i)-1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then badx(i)=badx(i)+1
if badx(i)<vmx then badx(i)=badx(i)+1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then badx(i)=badx(i)-1
if bady(i)>vmy then bady(i)=bady(i)-1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then bady(i)=bady(i)+1
if bady(i)<vmy then bady(i)=bady(i)+1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then bady(i)=bady(i)-1
end if
end if
  • Like 5

I got it working. Thank you nanochess and catsfolly.

attachicon.gifTowerInf3c.gif

if y<25 or y>230 then
if x<35 or x>220 then
if badx(i)>vmx then badx(i)=badx(i)-1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then badx(i)=badx(i)+1
if badx(i)<vmx then badx(i)=badx(i)+1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then badx(i)=badx(i)-1
if bady(i)>vmy then bady(i)=bady(i)-1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then bady(i)=bady(i)+1
if bady(i)<vmy then bady(i)=bady(i)+1:gosub enbgscan:if Mcard>5 AND Mcard<14 then bady(i)=bady(i)-1
end if
end if

I see that you turned the survivor into charcoal! :lol:

By the way, if I may make one suggestion on the background, the light-blue (pastel purple) and green combination is not very subtle, so it sort of grabs your attention instead of blending into the background.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I see that you turned the survivor into charcoal! :lol:

By the way, if I may make one suggestion on the background, the light-blue (pastel purple) and green combination is not very subtle, so it sort of grabs your attention instead of blending into the background.

-dZ.

Do you have a suggestion what combonation of color goes well with the tiles?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, it isn't ready. I'm working on the 2nd building. I finished 4 floors so far. I'm trying to come up with 5th floor with new enemy and the boss on 6th floor. Then the 3rd building will have to be created and possibly the last building as space become more scarce. 48KB/84KB (or 24Kword/42Kword) filled. There's plenty of space I think that can be optimize to buy more space for the 4th building.

I didn't have a lot of free time and attention span devote to programming lately. Sorry.

• Like 1

No, it isn't ready. I'm working on the 2nd building. I finished 4 floors so far. I'm trying to come up with 5th floor with new enemy and the boss on 6th floor. Then the 3rd building will have to be created and possibly the last building as space become more scarce. 48KB/84KB (or 24Kword/42Kword) filled. There's plenty of space I think that can be optimize to buy more space for the 4th building.

I didn't have a lot of free time and attention span devote to programming lately. Sorry.

Wow, where is the space going to? As I remember, your screens are composed of reusable patterns, so it shouldn't consume too much space in graphics data.

-dZ.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, where is the space going to? As I remember, your screens are composed of reusable patterns, so it shouldn't consume too much space in graphics data.

-dZ.

Majority of it, unfortunately, is code. For example, the fire enemy move in 8 direction have many lines of code. It also have to peek at the background tile to preventing it going through the wall. Then there's the boss fight where he have several moves he runs through. And the 16 directional controls will probably give another coder, reading over my code, migraine+cluster headache. I think the 2nd boss will put it to 50KB mark. I wanted the first boss to be more expressive and have more animation frames. I'll probably optimize the code when I'm near finish with the product. Then I can put that in. Plus, it need a cool title screen fit in too.

Majority of it, unfortunately, is code. For example, the fire enemy move in 8 direction have many lines of code. It also have to peek at the background tile to preventing it going through the wall. Then there's the boss fight where he have several moves he runs through. And the 16 directional controls will probably give another coder, reading over my code, migraine+cluster headache. I think the 2nd boss will put it to 50KB mark. I wanted the first boss to be more expressive and have more animation frames. I'll probably optimize the code when I'm near finish with the product. Then I can put that in. Plus, it need a cool title screen fit in too.

If you need help optimising your code, just post some examples and we'll see what we can do.