IGNORED

PRICE CHECK: A/V NES Top Loader

bigbee99

The original second model is not rare of course. The A/V out versions are a different story however. From what I am to understand you only were able to obtain a USA version of this system with A/V if you called and complained to Nintendo because the system was RF only. They would then have you send the system in for an A/V conversion. At least that was the rumor flying around that I heard years after the system release. I was already into the "new" 16-Bit systems at the time and had a good working original NES (still do!) so I took no notice to what was happening with the gimped second revision.

But, if you have one that was A/V converted officially by Nintendo I would say it would probably fetch a pretty penny. Not exactly sure what that penny would be...but if I were to make a guestimate I would say in the $200 to $300 range (depending on condition, what is included and so on).

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

Last Year Gametech was getting $500+ on every HDMI modded toploader.

What is it worth now? Well a toploader w/dogbone still get $125 and being modded I would have to say if it was done well probably at least $200+

The new RetroUSB AVS HDMI system that sells for $200 shipped will most def. cause a drop in value over modded systems. The local Game Store has already purchased one and is quite happy with it so far.