IGNORED

RXB 2016

RXB

I will have to see if I can track down Winfried Winkler, as he did do a complete disassembly of the XB ROMs already, and he may still have that data. He's no longer active in the community though, so that one is a long shot--but if he does have it, it will save some time and effort. I do know that he modified the XB code to improve the integration with the 32K space.

• Like 1

I will have to see if I can track down Winfried Winkler, as he did do a complete disassembly of the XB ROMs already, and he may still have that data. He's no longer active in the community though, so that one is a long shot--but if he does have it, it will save some time and effort. I do know that he modified the XB code to improve the integration with the 32K space.

That would be great maybe he has a copy could get!

The entire TI community would benefit from a new ROM for both RXB and XB

• 2 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking, I could benefit from this too?

The way my games (Eric in Monsterland) and the new RXB Castle Conquer work, they gosub routines for character patterns (one for main game, one for the title screen), and they also have gosub routines to place trees, houses, walls, fences, etc etc, so my subprogram to build a single screen would be like

1100 GOSUB 9110 (call screen 2 and all colors black)

1102 GOSUB 9200 (places the ground)

1105 R=18 :: C=20 :: GOSUB 9210 (places a tree)

1110 GOSUB 9120 (call screen 5 and appoint all necessary colors)

I'm thinking all my gosub routines could occupy the 2nd bank of 24K leaving my main program 24K bank 1 ?? Would that work or would character patterns have to be defined in both banks?

Edited by Retrospect

Am I right in thinking, I could benefit from this too?

The way my games (Eric in Monsterland) and the new RXB Castle Conquer work, they gosub routines for character patterns (one for main game, one for the title screen), and they also have gosub routines to place trees, houses, walls, fences, etc etc, so my subprogram to build a single screen would be like

1100 GOSUB 9110 (call screen 2 and all colors black)

1102 GOSUB 9200 (places the ground)

1105 R=18 :: C=20 :: GOSUB 9210 (places a tree)

1110 GOSUB 9120 (call screen 5 and appoint all necessary colors)

I'm thinking all my gosub routines could occupy the 2nd bank of 24K leaving my main program 24K bank 1 ?? Would that work or would character patterns have to be defined in both banks?

Well the current problem I am having is the XB ROMs need to be changed so I can use the upper 24K with multiple banks not just 2. I was thinking 64K XB Program space (24K x 5), 16K-Disk buffers for GRAPHICS(frees up 12K more graphics memory), and finally 64K of String Space with Variable stored in RAM not VDP to really speed up XB.

Also I could make edit mode 40 column instead of 32 column mode or even a 80 column version, now that I have the extra VDP unused.

As all the Strings and Variables will be in RAM not VDP this would really make XB fly.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1