IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

After 2 long years in development, the game that everyone's been asking for is finally available on the Intellivision - Desert Bus! For those that don't know what the heck this is, I'll just post a link here.

Thanks to an outstanding team of volunteers - and a lot of discounting on materials - the entirety of the profits from this game (ie: after materials costs) are being donated to Child's Play, a charity that gives video games to sick kids. And yes, there's a rationale behind this, besides good karma. Desert Bus' notoriety is responsible for raising over $3 million for this charity thanks to the good folks at LoadingReadyRun, and while our community is small, it will still amount to a pretty significant donation if this sells out. And no, before anyone asks, I can't claim this as an income tax deduction as I'm Canadian and this is an American charity. It's all for a good cause and I don't get one red cent out of the deal, beyond enjoyment.

The game officially debuted at PRGE on October 22nd, online orders are now being accepted. Official page: http://www.fwgames.ca/desert-bus/ and ordering information: http://fwgames.ca/desert-bus-ordering/

200 serial-numbered copies, CIB with cart, manual, 2 different overlays, and a special Desert Bus air freshener (you gotta know the game to get the joke). I'll take serial requests here, via PM, or via email. Please let me know if you'd prefer to keep your name private. Note: the reservation list is being kept at the ordering info page linked above. Check it out if you're wondering if a specific number is still available. I'll do my best to accommodate everyone, but it's first-come, first-served, and a few are already spoken for as a small reward to some of the folks who helped out with this. Beat the rush and reserve your copy today! Please let me know if you're going to PRGE, and I'll bring your copy along - this way you save on the shipping, and get first access to the game. Your copy will be held at the Intellivision Revolution/Gemini North booth, so you don't have to worry about trying to hook up with a creepy stranger with a bag in a parkade (no offense to anyone in specific here.... :P ).

For those wondering - we had a discussion a long while back about this - yes, there's an actual "game" here, it's not ONLY driving for 8 hours ;) And a whole whackload of hidden stuff just to keep people guessing. Check out the commercial and screenshots for a taste of what you're in for:

Edit: #1 is SOLD. cmart has paid a hefty price, and he's also donating an additional $2 per additional copy sold. The more we sell, the poorer he is!

ADDITIONAL NOTE ON PRICING: as this is for charity, you're gonna have to pony up a bit more for serial numbers 2-10. Those are $100 each, regular price is $50 a copy. UPDATE: serial numbers 1-10 are now sold out.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or via PM. Thanks guys, now let's go raise some money for the kids!

post-39446-0-48063400-1475888151_thumb.gif

post-39446-0-17490900-1475888152_thumb.gif

post-39446-0-88047500-1475888152_thumb.gif

post-39446-0-68372000-1475888153_thumb.gif

post-39446-0-26039700-1475888786_thumb.gif

post-39446-0-03458400-1475888787_thumb.gif

• Like 17

#7 please

I'm assuming #1 is taken, so next lowest if it is. :)

Not that this will be a problem for cmart, but I probably should have mentioned it up front (I forget that you guys probably aren't going to look at the actual ordering page): #s 2-10 are higher priced. Trying to bump the charity numbers as much as I can. I'll fix up the first post accordingly. Let me know if you guys still want those #s.

Not that this will be a problem for cmart, but I probably should have mentioned it up front (I forget that you guys probably aren't going to look at the actual ordering page): #s 2-10 are higher priced. Trying to bump the charity numbers as much as I can. I'll fix up the first post accordingly. Let me know if you guys still want those #s.

Yes I am fine with #7

Well, our resident maniac has gone and done it. I won't get into the full details just yet, but cmart has stepped up with a very generous offer for #1. AND he's going to sweeten the pot - his cost for #1 will go up by $2 for every additional copy of the game sold. That means that if this sells out, he's on the hook for another $398 on top of his actual price.

C'mon, team - let's try to bankrupt cmart!

(In all seriousness, a huge thanks to him for stepping up for a good cause)

Well, our resident maniac has gone and done it. I won't get into the full details just yet, but cmart has stepped up with a very generous offer for #1. AND he's going to sweeten the pot - his cost for #1 will go up by $2 for every additional copy of the game sold. That means that if this sells out, he's on the hook for another $398 on top of his actual price.

C'mon, team - let's try to bankrupt cmart!

(In all seriousness, a huge thanks to him for stepping up for a good cause)

Lol. I'm happy to help a good cause. I hope a strong desire to make me overpay dramatically will encourage you guys to buy many copies! :)

• Like 3