IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

Well, DbFH 10 is wrapping up. I was stuck in the office but did manage to sneak in a donation towards the end. This is close to $1500 raised for Child's Play from the Intellivision community. Every dollar of this is because of you guys. And there's more to come as more games sell (I got several more orders tonight as they ran the auction).

Needless to say, thanks so much to everyone who's helped contribute in every way! And we're not done yet! :D

post-39446-0-40004300-1479543183_thumb.png

• Like 10

Now that copies are out there (more than just the people who bought at PRGE and who will never open their sealed copies), time to hunt the easter eggs. There are quite a few bonuses and alternate modes coded into the game, and I'm curious who can stumble upon one first.

I will not be giving hints for right now, because one of them should be found soon enough if people experiment very much. Although I *am* curious how obtuse I made all of this :P

Oh and in case anyone isn't aware, Deserter Bus is ECS-enhanced for better audio fidelity.

I think I just found one, a automatic gear box or cruise control.

Edited by Utopia

Given that you were part of the testing team, and got to see some secret features on purpose, you're not allowed to share them :P

(But please do PM me with this one, as I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about)

I wasn't going to say any more, honest!

I'm not entirely sure what I'm taking about either and will try and replicate it and PM you with details.

Well, DbFH 10 is wrapping up. I was stuck in the office but did manage to sneak in a donation towards the end. This is close to $1500 raised for Child's Play from the Intellivision community. Every dollar of this is because of you guys. And there's more to come as more games sell (I got several more orders tonight as they ran the auction).

Needless to say, thanks so much to everyone who's helped contribute in every way! And we're not done yet! :D

Interesting. Only $42.00 USD. (That amount was in binary, right?) :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder, the perfect Xmas gift for your loved ones is indeed Desert Bus for the Intellivision!

I'll get off my duff and start up the endurance contest soon. The perfect way to kill time during the holidays. Boring family chats, or 8 hours of monotonous driving? 8 out of 10 doctors agree, Desert Bus is much more fun than your in laws.

• Like 3

Just a reminder, the perfect Xmas gift for your loved ones is indeed Desert Bus for the Intellivision!

I'll get off my duff and start up the endurance contest soon. The perfect way to kill time during the holidays. Boring family chats, or 8 hours of monotonous driving? 8 out of 10 doctors agree, Desert Bus is much more fun than your in laws.

And That Crazy Uncle !!!! lmao

I wonder what my wife will say if I give her Desert Bus for the Intellivision this Christmas...? :ponder:

Just got my copy :)

attachicon.gifCz5sURjUAAAr28l.jpg_large.jpeg

Whatever you do...do NOT open that air freshener! (unless you live in the middle of a garbage dump ;) ) otherwise that air freshener is all you will smell for weeks. I didn't think they could capture the unique scent of freeweed's own body odor, but they did ;)

• Like 3

Whatever you do...do NOT open that air freshener! (unless you live in the middle of a garbage dump ;) ) otherwise that air freshener is all you will smell for weeks. I didn't think they could capture the unique scent of freeweed's own body odor, but they did ;)

Odd… I thought that was just how all Canadians smelled. :P

• Like 1

Can you imagine that air freshener just new, hanging in a bus without a/c, in the middle of the desert, with an outside temperature of 110°F ?

Speaking of "just new" and since I am getting rid of my extras will someone please take my extra Desert Bus air freshener? I'll mail it to you immediately. To sweeten the deal I'll even give you the new sealed copy. Somehow the space age plastic encasing miraculously keeps the smell contained. Just don't try it in your console. If you do and a menu screen appears, you're hallucinating from the smell. Please take it! I made the mistake of opening the other one and now my Canadian wife is singing "O Canada" while wearing her Canadian made winter jacket. If you are a serious collector this is your opportunity to show your hardcore dedication to the platform.

• Like 2

No takers? Wussies. On a more serious note, if anyone does want the new sealed air freshener and various stickers (Limited Run and Intellivision Revolution stickers which the latter is tough enough for a car bumper sticker) and official AtariAge PRGE 2016 catalog of new games for Atari consoles + a few paper promos let me know and I'll snail mail it to you. Hate to throw it all away. Just PM me.

It's a Christmas miracle! I had a few copies "stuck in transit" for over a month, but it looks like the last one finally found its home today. As of today, ALL paid copies have shipped and as far as I know, they should all be delivered by now. Folks, let me know if that's not the case. North American orders all have tracking.

Now I just need to sell off the rest. From here on in it's a lot of money to the charity :D

• Like 3