IGNORED

Antonia 4MB and Ultimate SD Cart Issue

Brentarian

Has anyone tried using the Ultimate SD Cart with an Antonia upgrade? I'm experencing an issue loading CAR/ROM files. The Atari resets and just goes to the Atari self test screen. XEX files load fine. With the same Ultimate Cart on a stock Atari there are no issues when loading CAR/ROM files. Any ideas?

Has anyone tried using the Ultimate SD Cart with an Antonia upgrade? I'm experencing an issue loading CAR/ROM files. The Atari resets and just goes to the Atari self test screen. XEX files load fine. With the same Ultimate Cart on a stock Atari there are no issues when loading CAR/ROM files. Any ideas?

Is this an 800XL or 130XE.

Have you tried to use different Memory settings to verify that all memory settings FAIL.

If it is an 800XL have you installed the jumper wire as described.

My Antonia 800XL works perfectly okay with the Ultimate Cartridge.

It is a 600xl. Antonia has been working fine with memory modes 64K-4M, and mostly stock OS patched for HS. Memory tests appear fine. I didnt have EXTSEL connected, but just did that and UltCart still doesn't run .car/.rom files. Did I miss something obvious?

Is this an 800XL or 130XE.

Have you tried to use different Memory settings to verify that all memory settings FAIL.

My Antonia 800XL works perfectly okay with the Ultimate Cartridge.

Hi Roy-

When you updated the Antonia, what changed that you could see in its behavior? Does it now work with a Rev C *without* the EXTSEL jumper? Does anything else now work that didn't previously?

BTW, Looking forward to getting my Ultimate Cartridge very soon, so this whole thread is very pertinent.

-Larry

Hi Simius-

Could you tell us what we may expect (for the better ;) ) if we update the Antonia? I've been "dragging my feet" since most everything works fine.

Any progress on the MyIDE-II issues with the current MyIDE-II firmware? I believe that you got one to test with?

Last, any progress on the "changing settings" Rev E issue without using the big capacitor? BTW, that does work 100% with no issues.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Roy-

When you updated the Antonia, what changed that you could see in its behavior? Does it now work with a Rev C *without* the EXTSEL jumper? Does anything else now work that didn't previously?

-Larry

Well all the bad behavior with the Side2 went away and the IDE Rev E now keeps all the settings and works correctly..

The Ultimate Cartridge was not tested before flashing the Antonia upgrade, but works fine as is now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

I got an Ultimate Cart, and it also will not work with the (original) Antonia 4 MB. It does work fine with the Ultimate 1 MB with Jon's upgraded bios. The UC doesn't seem to like having anything on the PBI. (?) Anyone else seen that?

-Larry

I'm waiting on some Micro-MaTch connectors and then I'll be able to update Antonia (and IDE revE for that matter). Hopefully UltCart will work with Antonia after that.

MyIDE-II - How do I flash it back to defaults? I screwed mine up pretty good apparently trying to get it working with Antonia.

Thanks!

The UC does work with my Black Box using a stock 130XE. I used it to load Basic XE, and then it boots to MyDos fine. (There is a lot to be said for upgrades, but then there is also a lot to be said for stock setups!)

@Brentarian-

What changes did you make to the MyIDE-II cart?

Will it still work OK with a stock computer?

What does it do or not do correctly?

Do you have an Atarimax USB Programmer?

PM me, if you wish.

-Larry

Bump...

I got an Ultimate Cart, and it also will not work with the (original) Antonia 4 MB. It does work fine with the Ultimate 1 MB with Jon's upgraded bios. The UC doesn't seem to like having anything on the PBI. (?) Anyone else seen that?

-Larry

That doesn't make sense to me because the Incognito or U1M with SIDE is a PBI device.

The Ultimate cart works fine in my Incognito 800, and I have an '816 (a regular one, not an Antonia).

Here's a brief update of what I've tested on my equipment with my UC:

Antonia (original) -- no way, period. Will retest when I get Antonia firmware updated.

Ultimate 1MB. Good with SIO. Black screens with IDE+2 D or E on my 800XL.

@Kyle22. I don't follow what you are saying. This is only about UC not Side2. (?)

Stock computer or "regular" internal ram upgrade such as Peterson 320K -- UC + PBI works fine. Tested Rev D and E IDE+2. Also fine with BB; untested with MIO. Note that the UC (XEGS cart) can't be used with the Rev E on an XE due to interference with the ribbon connector. Cart can't be inserted far enough to make good contact.

Why? No clue -- above my pay grade... ;-)

-Larry

You said it works fine with Jon's U1M, and in the next sentence, you said it didn't like anything on the PBI. I was simply pointing out that the U1M is a PBI device.

Something doesn't need to physically be connected to the PBI port to be a PBI device. The 1400 series T: and V: devices, and the U1M Z: device are examples of this. The SIDE2 becomes a PBI device when paired with the U1M.