IGNORED

Prices for faulty Atari Lynx II

Impelina

Hello forum, hello to all Lynx fans,

For a few months I have been selling my husband's collection on Ebay, all type of vintage consoles, games,...and for that I just checked previously other prices on Ebay because to be honest I never had any idea about this stuff. Now the time has come for Atari Lynx II and I can't find any reference. I have one that works fine except the sound, it is mute. The colour is good but I see a little pixel standing out. The other one has very good sound but the image is not clear and most of the time it does not recognize the game as it had some problem on the power port. The buttons (tops) on the right are missing but working. And the cover for the batteries is also missing. Sorry for my English, I'm not native.

Edited by Impelina

Hi BadPricey, thanks for your advice. I had really bad experiences with auctions, I will think about it next weekend. Still, is there any post or site where people talk about prices to have an approximated idea? What is that with the screen mod and an sd card? I just know my sd cards for my camera...

Another question I have is about the games. I have a few and observed that the stripes with the golden bars (does it have a proper name?) are different, some shorter than others. Does it mean that they belong to different Lynx (I &2)?

Best thing you can do is watch all the Lynx auctions running on eBay to give you some idea of the prices. I'm not aware of any sites with prices/values for consoles.

The screen mod is an amazing piece of kit where you replace the screen in the Lynx to bring it up to date with modern screens. It's the difference between night and day, it's so clear and bright. The sd card is like a multi cart, you can put all your games on 1 cart, even homebrew, demos etc. Screen is by McWill sd cart by SainT. There are some videos on YouTube. Just search Lynx screen mod and Lynx sd cart. ?

Best thing you can do is watch all the Lynx auctions running on eBay to give you some idea of the prices. I'm not aware of any sites with prices/values for consoles.

The screen mod is an amazing piece of kit where you replace the screen in the Lynx to bring it up to date with modern screens. It's the difference between night and day, it's so clear and bright. The sd card is like a multi cart, you can put all your games on 1 cart, even homebrew, demos etc. Screen is by McWill sd cart by SainT. There are some videos on YouTube. Just search Lynx screen mod and Lynx sd cart.

Oh, amazing progress. Thanks for telling me. I will watch those videos as soon as possible, at least to know a bit about it. In general, all this consoles thing is my husband's stuff but as it is so hard for him to sell everything (we're moving) it has become my mission. I must say that after all what I sold, Lynx is something completely new for me and somehow enchanting, very comfy to hold but not to watch because you need to find the right angle.

Hello forum, hello to all Lynx fans,

For a few months I have been selling my husband's collection on Ebay, all type of vintage consoles, games,...and for that I just checked previously other prices on Ebay because to be honest I never had any idea about this stuff. Now the time has come for Atari Lynx II and I can't find any reference. I have one that works fine except the sound, it is mute. The colour is good but I see a little pixel standing out. The other one has very good sound but the image is not clear and most of the time it does not recognize the game as it had some problem on the power port. The buttons (tops) on the right are missing but working. And the cover for the batteries is also missing. Sorry for my English, I'm not native.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Lynx-Gray-Handheld-System-Lot-of-2-for-Parts-Repair-/172370638061?hash=item28221734ed:g:kVwAAOSwNRdX--y1

As someone else mentioned, check ebay SOLD auctions. The auction above is similar condition. If you don't like auction style, you can always make up a price for "Buy It Now", and if it doesn't sell after a week or two, lower the price until it does. Just be sure to list all those details in the description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Lynx-Gray-Handheld-System-Lot-of-2-for-Parts-Repair-/172370638061?hash=item28221734ed:g:kVwAAOSwNRdX--y1

As someone else mentioned, check ebay SOLD auctions. The auction above is similar condition. If you don't like auction style, you can always make up a price for "Buy It Now", and if it doesn't sell after a week or two, lower the price until it does. Just be sure to list all those details in the description.

Great, thanks for the link! It gives me a better idea about what to do.