IGNORED

Which systems to buy or emulate?

rednakes1

Altirra is great for Atari800/Atari5200. The trackball and analog controls work well. Its only problem is Windows only.

For ColecoVision, Mame is good except I cant get the trackball/mouse working the way I want. CoolCV does a better job with the trackball.

The Vectrex emulator looks and sounds good.

The Intellivision Nostalgia emulator has an issue with the aspect ratio and its timing is a little off. Jzintv and Mame for Intellivision are near perfect. Intellivision in Mame looks a little blurry, dont know why.

Are there any issues with Stella for Atari2600? Ive heard complaints of paddle issues but the analog controls are there.

Any issues with Atari7800 emulation in Mame?

So I was kind of dealing with this today.. debating whether to buy the Arcade Card Duo for my Turbo Duo in order to play Sapphire (and maybe another game). But the darn thing is $70+ off ebay usually. So hmmm.. $70+ for one game to play on the Turbo Duo? Or start it up on the Xbox? In this case the choice was clear.. emulate it up! :lol:

VSsIrnj.jpg

Ditto for the Supergrafx

yBBJwaa.jpg

• Like 1

Are there any issues with Stella for Atari2600? Ive heard complaints of paddle issues but the analog controls are there.

Oh I forgot, yes, they're linda ratbuggy. If you move the mouse left-right-left-right like 50 times, the on-screen object migrates to the left and you have to pick the mouse up and reposition it again.

Oh I forgot, yes, they're linda ratbuggy. If you move the mouse left-right-left-right like 50 times, the on-screen object migrates to the left and you have to pick the mouse up and reposition it again.

That might happen with a mouse. As long as it doesn't happen with an analog controller (ie. atari paddle or analog stick).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're referring to that coupled with Stella VCS emulator, then the Paddle emulation has been defective for a long long time now.

I don't know about other 9pin adapters but I know for the Retronic ones you have to redo the firmware every time you want to go back and forth between joysticks and paddles. That got kinda old quick. For Dropping $55 I was hoping I could just go back and forth no fuss.

http://www.retronicdesign.com/en/

Anybody use the http://www.2600-daptor.com/ ?