IGNORED

Saving programs

gheller-iii

I have some rudimentary programs I wrote (hey, I was 9 at the time ;-)) as well as some other books on TI Basic and would like to start dabbling again. I haven't picked up a program recorder yet, nor have I made the investment in a PEB (yet!).

Should I look to just start out with a program recorder? Since I've seen different hardware development over time, perhaps that's just "old fashioned" and there's a better way. (e.g. storage peripheral that uses SD cards?) I didn't see any though, just the units for the PEB I think.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

I have some rudimentary programs I wrote (hey, I was 9 at the time ;-)) as well as some other books on TI Basic and would like to start dabbling again. I haven't picked up a program recorder yet, nor have I made the investment in a PEB (yet!).

Should I look to just start out with a program recorder? Since I've seen different hardware development over time, perhaps that's just "old fashioned" and there's a better way. (e.g. storage peripheral that uses SD cards?) I didn't see any though, just the units for the PEB I think.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

So far the only real storage solution is the original PEB. There was a NanoPEB/CF7+ unit that combined Virtual Disk drives on a CF Card (you could mount them as you wanted), 32k and Serial/Parallel options but they are no longer made.

Hopefully will the new development going on in the TI-99 Space we will see maybe a smaller modular design of a smaller foot-printed type PEB.

You could always use emulation on yoru PC such as:

These are just a few of them. Many of us TI'ers can develop on the Emulation and save it to disk images to mount by the emulators.

Look into getting TIIMAGETOOL and TI99DIR

We have tons of TI/Geneve related files on the FTP site ftp.whtech.com

• Like 2