New development: GTIA in CPLD

936 replies to this topic

#926 Simius OFFLINE  

Simius

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 485 posts

Posted Wed Apr 4, 2018 1:11 AM

The cable seems to be good. Other question - is your Sony TV in the european or japanese version? Japanese "SCART" is different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

#927 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Wed Apr 4, 2018 9:20 AM

The cable seems to be good. Other question - is your Sony TV in the european or japanese version? Japanese "SCART" is different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

European SCART. Could it have anything to do with jumpers? I didn't touch them. 

#928 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2018 8:41 PM

Do you have any other ideas as to what may have happened? Can you take a second look at the pics I posted for possible errors? I know there are a few here who made homemade SCARTS. If anyone has any ideas as to what went wrong, please let me know.

#929 Simius OFFLINE  

Simius

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 485 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:28 AM

Take a photo with the jumpers.

#930 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:37 AM

Take a photo with the jumpers.

Sure. Let me know if anything looks out of place.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3241.jpg
  • IMG_3242.jpg

#931 Simius OFFLINE  

Simius

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 485 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:33 AM

Everything is clear. You have a rev.A board but your cable is intended for rev.B.

#932 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:35 AM

I think I get what's happening now. I know you posted that I have Rev. B, but as you can see I was somehow sent Rev. A, despite only ordering in November. The cable that I ordered was wired for Rev. B. :(

Edit: Just saw your comment. I'll rewire it, it just seems like some wires need to be switched.

Edited by Zap!, Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:58 AM.

#933 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:35 PM

I just rewired my cable, used the proper jumper settings, and put everything back together. Works like a charm. The pictures don't do it justice, it looks way better in person. Thanks Simius!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3243.jpg
  • IMG_3248.jpg

#934 cwilbar OFFLINE  

cwilbar

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:49 PM

I just recently found out about this upgrade.  It looks awesome.

I do have a question:

The initial version was RGB, the latest supports DVI.  Does the latest version support both RGB and DVI ?

If it does, is simply a different cable used depending on if you want RGB vs DVI ?

Also, if it does, are the analog RGB signals wired to the DVI analog RGB connectors so that it could be used with a DVI to VGA adapter ?

I'd like to get 2 (or more) of these (either an RGB unit and a DVI unit, or a combined unit with both cables, or if the latest DVI unit carries RGB on the DVI port, just 2 units with the DVI cables).  I tried PM'ing but it said the user was not receiving PMs currently. 

#935 Simius OFFLINE  

Simius

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 485 posts

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 AM

No. There is no version that support both RGB and DVI interfaces. PM is already working. 

#936 Zap! OFFLINE  

Zap!

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 PM

Great news, everyone. After providing Cool Novelties with the proper information and wiring diagrams, they now offer Sophia RGB SCART cables for both Rev. A and Rev. B! Enjoy! 

Rev. A

Rev. B

#937 Ely OFFLINE  

Ely

Chopper Commander

• 115 posts

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:16 PM

Has anyone successfully upgraded their Sofia to the latest code so they get the right text colour?

I can't get the Quartus software (16. Something, which seems really flakey) and my USB Blaster to work at all.

If there is anyone in the U.K. that has done if would you offer to do mine if I posted it?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users