IGNORED

Lynx SD questions

ianoid

I couldn't find a useful manual or FAQ for operating the Lynx SD, but I did get most of the information combing through threads here.

As I received it with my LynxSD, the microSD worked, but wouldn't accept more than half of my Lynx ROMS. It did work, but I wanted all of my ROMS on the card.

So I decided to reformat the drive in FAT-32 with Mac Disk Utility. Now the Lynx SD doesn't recognize the card, or make it past the "Insert Game" screen.

So I reformated it in regular FAT and it still doesn't work. The card seems ok from the perspective of my Mac, although I didn't verify the entire disk.

I am using the Menu version 1.9 .bin file.

Any suggestions? I don't have other MicroSD cards lying around to try with it. I can get one, but using this one would be preferable.

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 8:59 PM, ianoid said:

I couldn't find a useful manual or FAQ for operating the Lynx SD, but I did get most of the information combing through threads here.

As I received it with my LynxSD, the microSD worked, but wouldn't accept more than half of my Lynx ROMS. It did work, but I wanted all of my ROMS on the card.

So I decided to reformat the drive in FAT-32 with Mac Disk Utility. Now the Lynx SD doesn't recognize the card, or make it past the "Insert Game" screen.

So I reformated it in regular FAT and it still doesn't work. The card seems ok from the perspective of my Mac, although I didn't verify the entire disk.

I am using the Menu version 1.9 .bin file.

Any suggestions? I don't have other MicroSD cards lying around to try with it. I can get one, but using this one would be preferable.

Hi there!

Sorry, I do need to write a proper manual for it... :(

Ok, you need a couple of files on the memory card as well as the ROMs, they are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2q4dt3vypra8kx/Lynx%20SD%20Menu%20v1.9.zip?dl=0

The file menu.bin needs to be in the root as well as the menu folder with the files homebrew and lastrom in it.

You can create any folders you like and put the roms wherever you want.

The small memory card (like the one I include) seem to work best as FAT rather than FAT32 in my experience (although I have tested both and both do work), but I've never tried formatting one on a Mac, not owning one....

So the only thing which would seem different here, assuming you have the menu files in the correct place, is the Mac.

Do you have access to a PC (Bootcamp?) somewhere to try and format via Windows? Bit of a pain, but this is outside of my realm of experience at the moment.

Edit: Just noticed this was a really old question which had already been sorted in another thread! Never mind, its useful to have. :)

Edited by SainT

• 2 weeks later...

The flashcart works great. On the first screen it says menu, then preview, and then all the games. Can I move menu and preview so that only the games show? This is how it seems others are doing it (at least from the videos I have seen). What did I do wrong? Also, mine says "prev on" on the bottom right. Is this correct? The games work great, thanks so much for this product and for helping with my questions.