IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

The emulator was tweaked to make certain games work that didn't work before, like Galaxian, which is now included. Whether that changed how it worked for the other games remains to be tested (I have not had a chance myself). It's likely that previous hacks will still work.

• Like 1

Hey all, just wanted to say congrats on getting this thread on the latest review of the AFP 2017.

I think the community and all the games that have been discovered or hacked to work is the greatest feature of the AFP. Well, correction, the SD card slot was a greatest thing, and the community flew with it. :D

Good stuff. Just saying hi!

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 3

Hi all, on the compatibility subject for the existing 2600 portable can someone confirm Pressure Cooker looks right? I just did a video comparing the 2600 handheld versus the old Genesis handheld (just for kicks, I know it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges) and when I ran Pressure Cooker the buns on the assembly line on the left side of the screen were all rainbow pattern-ish.

Forward to the 14:23 mark of my video below to see what I mean. This is from the zipped archive of Flashback Portable games at the beginning of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVq4rSk6n64

Hi all, on the compatibility subject for the existing 2600 portable can someone confirm Pressure Cooker looks right? I just did a video comparing the 2600 handheld versus the old Genesis handheld (just for kicks, I know it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges) and when I ran Pressure Cooker the buns on the assembly line on the left side of the screen were all rainbow pattern-ish.

Forward to the 14:23 mark of my video below to see what I mean. This is from the zipped archive of Flashback Portable games at the beginning of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVq4rSk6n64

Yes, my AFP has the rainbow effect on the left side of the screen too.

Yup that's the one. I know it's not 100 % like original Pitfall but I was mainly using it to compare the d-pads and action button.

I always thought that was a neat extra. I think it was re-created rather than emulated. There was a time that "Virtual VCS" for Jaguar seemed like such a cool idea.

Nice video!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just got my new 2017 Flashback Portable and I am having issues with the a/v out, it only displays in Black and white, why???

As for thr integrated display it works just fine and is an awesome unit, but when I plug it into the TV it comes out black and white. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

I just got my new 2017 Flashback Portable and I am having issues with the a/v out, it only displays in Black and white, why???

As for thr integrated display it works just fine and is an awesome unit, but when I plug it into the TV it comes out black and white. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

Just tried out my replacement one, and good news......

in color!!!! YES!!!!

• Like 1

I thought the pressure cooker hack was perfect. There are other games that I thought were unplayable, but I deleted most of them so I forgot which they were.

Not perfect...I could not correct the playfield updates (the far right side of the fryer on the main screen and the color of the conveyor arrows on the secondary screen). The portable is very touchy in this aspect. I left the first problem as-is, since it's only eye candy...and altered the sprites for the second. It's playable tho...which is better than it was.

If the Gold version is the higher end and has HDMI, I don't understand -- why not charge the extra $10 bucks and include paddles?

When playing in the big box retail space, you have to hit specific price points and cater to retailer demands. It's not as simple as just bumping the price up a bit. A lot of how things are are the way they are not because no one thought of a better way, but because of specific constraints.

• Like 1