Photo

Project: Crash Course

12 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Spazer OFFLINE  

Captain Spazer

Star Raider

• 80 posts

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 AM

Just a small project I made in 24 hours, I think it's pretty fun and very challenging. You drive a car on a road and try to dodge cars as you drive past them. The goal is to reach the top of the screen which will raise the difficulty making the cars go even faster. You get 3 missiles to shoot down the other cars in your way, but you only get 3 missiles, they can be refilled by reaching the top of the screen. Controls are: left and right to jump lanes, firebutton to fire your missiles, switchreset to start the game from the titlescreen, restart in the game and at the gameover screen. Hope you'll have fun with this silly title. It's main inspiration is the old Donkey.bas.

Namnl_s.png

DOWNLOAD - Attached File  Crash Course.bin   8KB   172 downloads

Edited by Captain Spazer, Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 AM.

#2 dadecoza OFFLINE  

dadecoza

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 AM

Nice work! Are you willing to share the .bas? I'm interested to see how you did the title screen.

#3 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:38 PM

Just a small project I made in 24 hours, I think it's pretty fun and very challenging. You drive a car on a road and try to dodge cars as you drive past them. The goal is to reach the top of the screen which will raise the difficulty making the cars go even faster. You get 3 missiles to shoot down the other cars in your way, but you only get 3 missiles, they can be refilled by reaching the top of the screen. Controls are: left and right to jump lanes, firebutton to fire your missiles, switchreset to start the game from the titlescreen, restart in the game and at the gameover screen. Hope you'll have fun with this silly title. It's main inspiration is the old Donkey.bas.

DOWNLOAD - attachicon.gifCrash Course.bin

I tried it on both Stella and the Atari FB Portable - of course perfect on Stella, but will not start on the portable. Is there a way you could remove the title screen off the program and upload? It might work on the portable that way as it seems to hang up as its loading the title screen.

#4 Captain Spazer OFFLINE  

Captain Spazer

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:40 AM

Version without titlescreen: Attached File  Crash Course No Title.bin   4KB   68 downloads

Sourcecode : Attached File  Crash Course.bas   4.88KB   51 downloads

#5 neotokeo2001 OFFLINE  

neotokeo2001

River Patroller

• 3,724 posts

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 PM

Cool game!

Shared with The Atari 2600 Homebrew Group at FaceBook

https://www.facebook...ari2600homebrew

#6 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 AM

Version without titlescreen: attachicon.gifCrash Course No Title.bin

Sourcecode : attachicon.gifCrash Course.bas

Guess what? I was right, it works on the portable without the title screen! Thanks!

Looks like this might be the first homebrew altered for the portable since the portable came out!

#7 Captain Spazer OFFLINE  

Captain Spazer

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:45 AM

You'r welcome =) I realised overcomplicated games may be cool, but for me: Simplicity is king :P

#8 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:00 AM

You'r welcome =) I realised overcomplicated games may be cool, but for me: Simplicity is king :P

I'm guessing however you programmed the title screen will not work on the portable, but I'm pretty sure most bAtari Basic games will work on it.

#9 JeffIrok OFFLINE  

JeffIrok

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 AM

Nice game and congrats on having the first game modified for the portable!

#10 Captain Spazer OFFLINE  

Captain Spazer

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 AM

Haha, thanks. I honestly don't know anything about the portable, I'll have to check it out =)

#11 Mr SQL OFFLINE  

Mr SQL

Stargunner

• 1,596 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:09 PM

Guess what? I was right, it works on the portable without the title screen! Thanks!

Looks like this might be the first homebrew altered for the portable since the portable came out!

Cool game! Awesome that it is compatible with all of the Atari 2600 consoles :)

#12 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:11 PM

Nice game and congrats on having the first game modified for the portable!

Haha, thanks. I honestly don't know anything about the portable, I'll have to check it out =)

I marked it on the "Portable Compatible List" as the first modified game/ROM to be changed for the FB Portable.

#13 Captain Spazer OFFLINE  

Captain Spazer

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:10 PM

Cool =D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users