IGNORED

Need to replace NES Top loader cartridge slot.

grips03

• 2 weeks later...

It'd probably be easier to just buy a front loader NES and install the Blinking Light Win from Arcade Works. Unlike other replacement options for the front loader, the BLW is a complete redesign that eliminates the crap ZIF port that hobbled the frontloader.

What he said! I installed a BLW into my front loader not that long ago and love it! Every game that is clean fires up on the first try now. There is a bit of a death grip on the carts, but I've been told that will loosen over time.

If they would just make the top cartridge port stick out a bit further forward and possibly lower the connection a few mm, that would also help to give you more area to grab the cart with and allow it to be pulled out easier.

• Like 1

Just realized he is asking about a replacement part for the cart connector on a "Top" loader. Not a Front Loader. That does make a big difference...LOL

Heh, like I said in my original post, he'd be better off *buying a front loader* and the BLW to go with it. It's super incredibly unlikely he'll find the cartridge port for his top loader without someone gutting another for it. None of the places that bill themselves as a good source for buying stuff to fix Nintendo systems has anything and google is a brick wall of unrelated stuff on it.

Edited by Rockin' Kat

Need to replace NES Top loader cartridge slot. Anyone have a part number?

I have some busted toploaders motherboards U want ? I'm sure at least one has a working cart slot.

I tore traces off the ppu area when I was a nooby modder and now they are just taking up space. I have two or three of them, really expensive to make mistakes on :(

Just PM me your address I hate wasting stuff like this so yea put them to good use.

• Like 2

I have some busted toploaders motherboards U want ? I'm sure at least one has a working cart slot.

I tore traces off the ppu area when I was a nooby modder and now they are just taking up space. I have two or three of them, really expensive to make mistakes on :(

Just PM me your address I hate wasting stuff like this so yea put them to good use.

Thanks for the offer, however I found out the issue was with power supply and perhaps in combination with using certain high power controllers (Sansui SSS controllers). Still looking into issue. When issue did occur Toploader screen would go blank and orange led on Hi-Def NES would go off.

Thanks for the offer, however I found out the issue was with power supply and perhaps in combination with using certain high power controllers (Sansui SSS controllers). Still looking into issue. When issue did occur Toploader screen would go blank and orange led on Hi-Def NES would go off.

How the heck could the current draw of a controller be high enough to do anything ? If the controller is at fault wouldn't a bridge be more likely ?

Also have you tried other ACs ?

Any additional info going forward would be cool the problem sounds interesting (albeit annoying for you I am sure).

I have Hi Def NES installed on this top loader. Randomly the console would shut down. Changing the power adapter seems to have fixed the issue. Before that I was looking for any reason for the issue, i.e. lose power input connector, so-so cartridge connector, the higher power draw on the (2) Sansui SSS controller (rapid fire and built in audio amp), etc. So far so good for the past couple of days.