IGNORED

2017-2018 Games in development

Matej

If (and only if) I can make what I laughingly describe as the "AI" play a strong enough game then I plan to release an implementation of the obscure late '70s - early '80s board game Skirrid. The program is basically complete but is too easy to beat at this stage, even on the hardest level.

Some notes in PDF form are attached which include some screenshots.

Jeremy

Skirrid - Atari Edition.pdf

• Like 5

I'm still working on a final release version of my abbuc 2016 game "Space Fortress Omega".

post-19705-0-25641800-1482060245_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-49109300-1482060258_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-57604600-1482060265_thumb.png

I've re-written some routines and used the extra ram to add more features, but there are still a few things I want to improve; I need to make some cuts to some items to free up some more bytes as I'm really scraping the barrel.

Think I'd like to make the ship's movement a bit slower and more tactile but then you might not be able to make it so far across the screen - I don't want to sanitise it too much!

:)

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

I'm still working on a final release version of my abbuc 2016 game "Space Fortress Omega".

attachicon.gifSFO wip1.pngattachicon.gifSFO wip2.pngattachicon.gifSFO wip3.png

I've re-written some routines and used the extra ram to add more features, but there are still a few things I want to improve; I need to make some cuts to some items to free up some more bytes as I'm really scraping the barrel.

Think I'd like to make the ship's movement a bit slower and more tactile but then you might not be able to make it so far across the screen - I don't want to sanitise it too much!

:)

So, any idea of when will it be released?

Regards,

- Y -

The same goes for Spellbinder, which is featured in Excel magazine N° 4. It cannot be found in Fandal's site -aside from the old demo.

- Y -

Spellbinder wasn't already released because it's for the Flop disc magazine and was to come in 1st or 2nd week of April that for some reason that I don't know had a delay.

When Flop will be released you'll all have the game ;) :)...

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira

So, any idea of when will it be released?

Regards,

- Y -

Assembling now as I type... I'm hoping to finish "Space Fortress Omega" before the end of June :-o

I've spent a lot of time improving the playfields, making the main objective of the game to "repair" the targets (by shooting them of course!) more the focus of play. I've rewritten the ship's movement routine which is really nice now and have been trying to improve some of the graphics. Improved the logic of the adversaries who now have some additional weaponry! New title screen and some extra bells and whistles too.

The review of the original abbuc version in the current Excel mag (#4) was helpful, though the rating was a bit harsh considering even that version had some lasting challenge, unlike some of the others ;) I have addressed most of the things mentioned and had some other positive feedback. If anyone else had any comments they would still be welcome :)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Assembling now as I type... I'm hoping to finish "Space Fortress Omega" before the end of June :-o

June has gone... ;-) So, maybe before the end of June 2018 ?!?

(german translation joke of the day: There are 2017-2018 games in development for the A8 ? Did not know they are still programming thousands of games for that platform...)

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 4

June has gone... ;-) So, maybe before the end of June 2018 ?!?

(german translation joke of the day: There are 2017-2018 games in development for the A8 ? Did not know they are still programming thousands of games for that platform...)

maybe even before that... SFO news soon ;)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

resources, skirrid.xex keeps trying launch media player, right click the same (save as) reports the file as and .mp3.... something is amiss...

The ATR and Directions download just fine.

Let's have a 'Ducking good' Quack at it....

the ducks are all in row today...

In fact, you might say today is just ducky!

Edited by _The Doctor__