IGNORED

8Bitdo FC30 Pro / NES30 Pro Bluetooth connection FIXED

Inky

I love the 8Bitdo NES30 Pro controller, but there's a problem with the controller where the controller doesn't reconnect via bluetooth after you reboot your Raspberry Pi, Windows PC, ios or Android device.

Well, it appears to be fixed, thanks to a beta firmware upgrade. I've tested the firmware upgrade on my rPi and Windows 10 laptop, and it appears to be working after multiple reboots.

Here's the file:

http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NDk0fDJiZWJhMGQ4fDE0ODI5NDA1NTh8MHwxMTc5

The thread the file was taken from is in the following link. It is the second post down. It appears that there are updates for the other bluetooth controllers as well. The file you are looking for is dated 2016-12-17

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-1179-1-1.html

Instructions on how to install are in the following link. It's pretty straightforward.

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-942-1-1.html

Step 1. Download the latest Firmware from the website

Download this file to somewhere you will remember i.e. "My Documents, Downloads, My Desktop" and extract & unzip the file. Once you have extracted the file you will see these files...

"Windows"
"MacOS"
"bluetooth_firmware_Vxxx.dat"

depending on your operating system, you will click on Windows or MacOS, inside you will find the "8bitdo Update Application, start the application and minimize it, we will come back to it in a few steps.

Step 2. Connect the USB Cable to your Computer

Connect the included USB Cable to you PC or Mac (without the controller on the other end)

Step 3. Make Sure Your Controller is Properly Charged

Let your controller Charge for 2 hours before you attempt the firmware update. Your Controller's Green light should blink while it's charging and when it's fully charged it will stop blinking.

Step 4. Turn on your FC30PRO/NES30PRO in Firmware Update Mode

Hold down the Power button and the Sync button until the LED's start to blink Yellow.

Step 5. Connect the Controller to your Computer

Connect the Controller to the Computer on the other end of the USB Port & wait for your computer to recognize the controller.

Step 6. Go back to the 8bitdo Application

Now it's time to go back to the 8bitdo Application you minimized earlier, at this point you should see this...

hopefully with the "USB Update" button lit up and available. If it is click on it and find that file labeled"bluetooth_firmware_Vxxx.dat" that is your firmware update file. Now when you first click on it, it will tell you something like "Current Firmware & Firmware update are 2.65 & 2.65. Making you think that you don't need to update your controller. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR CONTROLLER. Allow it to continue to upload the firmware on your controller again, if you unplug it prematurely you will semi-brick your controller. No worries though if you do, you just have to start from step 1 again and reload the firmware on the controller.

Step 7. Enjoy your new Controller!!

Edited by Inky

• 1 month later...

What is weird is that with RecalBox on Raspberry Pi all my 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers work flawlessly and they have not been upgraded - they reconnect every time, reboot or not...

So if those guys can make it work why not others?

With this new firmware does the controller reconnect to RetroPie?

sTeVE

What is weird is that with RecalBox on Raspberry Pi all my 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers work flawlessly and they have not been upgraded - they reconnect every time, reboot or not...

So if those guys can make it work why not others?

With this new firmware does the controller reconnect to RetroPie?

sTeVE

So far it seems to work fine. I was also having that issue with Windows 10 on my laptop.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...