IGNORED

Fest West 2017

Omega-TI

I can understand the logistics of it, it's just not close to Seattle at all. Between Seattle and Portland would be Olympia or Tacoma.

I for one would not mind paying an attendance fee, if it helped. Just a thought for next year!

As for this year, I need to talk to my girlfriend about it first. It's a very long drive but we have wanted to visit Portland for awhile... but we have pets that would need care while we were gone. Lots of complications to sort out... the fact is, it would be better to get a hotel room because eight hours on the road in a single day is just a bit much to deal with.

• Like 3

I can understand the logistics of it, it's just not close to Seattle at all. Between Seattle and Portland would be Olympia or Tacoma.

I for one would not mind paying an attendance fee, if it helped. Just a thought for next year!

As for this year, I need to talk to my girlfriend about it first. It's a very long drive but we have wanted to visit Portland for awhile... but we have pets that would need care while we were gone. Lots of complications to sort out... the fact is, it would be better to get a hotel room because eight hours on the road in a single day is just a bit much to deal with.

Amtrak is a nice ride down too

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

A train takes longer I think... plus I couldn't haul any TI gear now could I? :) I talked with my GF and we worked out a plan, so I should be attending.

I'm actually looking to get rid of a lot of my backup consoles and items... I'm honestly fed up with dealing with real iron.

First the NanoPEB is completly unusable, forcing me to return it. Then I can't load any memory image files larger than 2K on the CF card reader. THEN I couldn't even get Wizard's Doom to run on the CF card, it just throws an IO error when trying to access the machine language routines. Either my card reader is broken or the software just isn't emulating things right. Either way, I'm tired of the frustration.

• Like 1

Oh man, 100% agreement on the NanoPEB! I am grateful for that device though, because of all the trials and tribulations it caused me, I was finally forced down the P-Box path.

"Real Iron" can be quite stable though, for example, a FlashROM 99 with JediMatt42's sidecar 32K gives you a lot of bang for the buck. If you add an F18A you really have a nice platform.

I gotta tell ya, though, you might want to save at least one console, because when you see the FinalGROM 99 at Fest West... you are gonna fall in LOVE, oh gawd that thing is SIMPLY AMAZING! :lust:

This is the cardreader that worked for me on 3 NanoPEBs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281830385169

(if he doesn´t ship, I can help)

attachicon.gifSpare-CardReader-NanoPEB--RMS01.jpg attachicon.gifSpare-CardReader-NanoPEB--RMS03.jpg

It wasn't the card reader per se, the unit just flat out didn't start up. I'd get black screen, screeching, etc. The one time it did work, I tried to test something and it locked up, and afterwards nothing would make it work. I know the card was all right because I read it on my PC using TI99Dir.

I'm not doing anything exotic, so the fact that base file usages are broken is very disheartening.

I *had* similar problems with the NanoPEB I currently have sitting on the shelf unused. What finally 'fixed it' was removing the socketed IC and taking sandpaper to the contacts (I had nothing to lose at that point). Now that it works and is in it's own 3D printed case, I no longer use it, how's that for irony?

I guess I've gotten spoiled...

The FR99 & FG99 load programs much faster than DSK or even the HDX which is twice as fast as disk access.

1) Download

2) Drag & drop or maybe make a directory

3) The most time consuming thing is ejecting the SD card on the PC properly.

4) Plug into FR99 or FG99

5) Select & run program

gallery_35324_1027_19243656.gif

With the NanoPEB...

1) Download

2) Load Ti99Dir

3) Create or Load disk image

4) Highlight files

5) Copy files

6) Removed CF Card

7) Install CF card in NanoPEB

8) Mount proper image

9) Select and run program

I like it better than the HxC's .HFE format as well. For the most part the HxC has become nothing more than data storage for programs residing on the cartridge.

• Like 1

One more comment before I turn off the computer for this evening....

While other peoples needs may vary, FOR WHAT I DO, I no longer need or want a HD or 720K FDC.

With the sheer quantity of things one can stuff on the FG99, plus it's speed, plus the ways a user can personalize it for their own needs, and the expected lower cost compared to those other items mentioned...

My wife and I finished the Fest West 2017 decals tonight.

They are 11 inches x 1.75 inches

I have chosen these various colors since the TI has various 16 colors on the title screen.

I figured a variety of colors goes well..

All TI'ers that registered attendees will receive 1 vinyl decal.

post-35187-0-05671200-1490588334_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-97645000-1490588334_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

So what does this update do for us 1.7 guys?

From codehackcreate.com:

A small update to fix a sprite collision bug where sprite collisions were being incorrectly detected outside of the active display, and added hybrid VDP register write restriction to mask VDP register writes to three-bits when the F18A is locked, like the real 9918A does.
  • Like 1

If you had any plans of signing up using the festwest2017@gmail.com account, please forget about it, just send me a personal message here at AtariAge. When I started the account, it was only as a temporary 'burn account' that I had planned on abandoning after Fest West. I had no personal information or cellphone number attached to the account, apparently they do not like that, even though I know the password, they will not let me back in. -- Sorry for the inconvenience.