IGNORED

New Homebrew

KidGameR186496

Yeah, maybe there's a mistake in currency exchange rates or something, just wasn't interested enough to keep "bugging" him. Made it clear that the game is $150 + "about" $50 for shipping.

$50 shipping for a single game seems extremely high obviously... sent to and fro Ukraine recently and remember shipping was very reasonable. Less expensive than dealing with Europe even.

Yeah, maybe there's a mistake in currency exchange rates or something, just wasn't interested enough to keep "bugging" him. Made it clear that the game is $150 + "about" $50 for shipping.

$50 shipping for a single game seems extremely high obviously... sent to and fro Ukraine recently and remember shipping was very reasonable. Less expensive than dealing with Europe even.

I live in Ukraine. Shipping to and from here can actually vary. But $50 for a cartridge seems high. However, Ukraine ain't Russia...

• Like 1

Okay, just heard back.... game has been completed and price is $150 plus $50 shipping +\- depending on your region or city. I asked about PayPal as a form of payment, but he did not address that. Interested parties should contact him directly for more info. :)

If someone here wants to buy several copies, I'd be happy to buy it from a store in Europe or the US and pay there.

Sergi wandered over to my youtube channel asking about the checkered flag alpha rom and the virtual vcs rom that I did the videos for. Since I recognized his name I asked him about the Sea Battle game. He said $150 for a boxed copy not $200. He did say there was no sound yet and basically everything else that's already been said here. Still $150 is a bit much, idk

The $200 comes from $150 quoted for the game + $50 for shipping. Somehow me thinks the chances of someone buying multiples at that price are slim!

Can't see how the economics of this work, at around the $80 Mark there seems to be a realistic market of 80-100 buyers. At $150 and double the usual shipping, how many? I'd hazard a guess at half a dozen?

Unless of course this represents a new model for homebrew. Trickle them out over eBay at the scalper price from the start. That would be a shame, but also understandable given that these homebrews are constantly being flipped for double their retaildown at the bay.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah, that's a crazy price. Doubt he sells much for that, especially considering there's still very little known about the game. I need to have a talk with him...

I've bought everdrives directly from krikzz in the Ukraine and shipping to US was not much. (However shipping US to Ukraine with a tracking # was nearly 100 US

Edited by rayik

I made a few best offers, but no bites. Then, my wife asked me for my "want list" so she could buy me a gift. Turns out this was on the list. She saw I made a few "offers" on ebay and took that as I really wanted it. She ended up getting it for $185. WOW! Huge discount! It did arrive and I am happy with it. Fun little filler title. Not $180 fun, but definitely worth half that to me. (considering a lot of games are t $80 to $120) It was a great gift, it was one game I would have never bought because of the price.....those are the best kinda gifts.

As far as the game, it is Battle Ship, not much else. Has a few little twists like Helicopters and the ability to avoid missles. I am happy to report it is fun. The box is not up to Gaz's, but it is not too bad. Looks much better in person than in pictures/videos. The manual looks pretty nice, I was surprised....

Here is my take:

Game is actually really fun. Took us one game to figure out the controls and what was going on. The next game was fun, the next was also fun, and so was the third. We somehow got sucked into the game (2 player) and were laughing and yelling at end of game(the ability to some what avoid missiles makes it exciting). Seems to be a good "filler" type game. Pop it in for 2-3 games every few weeks. Graphics are simple, very basic. Not much else besides a Battle Ship clone. But it is fun. If you have a 2nd player, you should enjoy it. By no means is it worth $200, but it is a fun title. Seeing a lot of games on the Jag are expensive, this one is at least fun and enjoyable. I wish he would have priced it at $80 and sold a few hundred, then it would seem like a good deal. Somehow, I am happy with it. SO, if you are a Jag nut and want a rare fun little title (and money grows on trees), grab it. I plan on keeping mine. For some reason, my son really likes it. Every game we play turns out to be extremely close and exciting. Not sure how long that excitement will last, but for now we are having a good time with it! If your expectations aren't too high (like $200 high :) ) then it is fun.

• Like 2

I made a few best offers, but no bites. Then, my wife asked me for my "want list" so she could buy me a gift. Turns out this was on the list. She saw I made a few "offers" on ebay and took that as I really wanted it. She ended up getting it for $185. WOW! Huge discount! It did arrive and I am happy with it. Fun little filler title. Not $180 fun, but definitely worth half that to me. (considering a lot of games are t $80 to $120) It was a great gift, it was one game I would have never bought because of the price.....those are the best kinda gifts.

As far as the game, it is Battle Ship, not much else. Has a few little twists like Helicopters and the ability to avoid missles. I am happy to report it is fun. The box is not up to Gaz's, but it is not too bad. Looks much better in person than in pictures/videos. The manual looks pretty nice, I was surprised....

Here is my take:

Game is actually really fun. Took us one game to figure out the controls and what was going on. The next game was fun, the next was also fun, and so was the third. We somehow got sucked into the game (2 player) and were laughing and yelling at end of game(the ability to some what avoid missiles makes it exciting). Seems to be a good "filler" type game. Pop it in for 2-3 games every few weeks. Graphics are simple, very basic. Not much else besides a Battle Ship clone. But it is fun. If you have a 2nd player, you should enjoy it. By no means is it worth $200, but it is a fun title. Seeing a lot of games on the Jag are expensive, this one is at least fun and enjoyable. I wish he would have priced it at $80 and sold a few hundred, then it would seem like a good deal. Somehow, I am happy with it. SO, if you are a Jag nut and want a rare fun little title (and money grows on trees), grab it. I plan on keeping mine. For some reason, my son really likes it. Every game we play turns out to be extremely close and exciting. Not sure how long that excitement will last, but for now we are having a good time with it! If your expectations aren't too high (like $200 high :) ) then it is fun.

Thanks for the review. Are you planning on posting a video of it?

• Like 1