Road Rash GPU 30 fps

637 replies to this topic

#626 VladR OFFLINE  

VladR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 AM

I really want your 3D experiments to turn into a homebrew STUNN RUNNER clone. In fact... I want in on it. I think after all these years you need a certain push to your first release. I think I can provide said push. I can also help with unique colored shells, boxes, overlays and manuals and most importantly IDEAS!!!!

PM SENT

Sorry for late reply. I had a lot of time to think about direction of the game, and I don't want it to be a clone. Then 99% of people will think that it was ported. While the StunRunner inspiration is obvious, I already have few things that are quite different in terms of shooting mechanics).

As for the gameplay ideas, I have discarded few implemented ones, if they didn't provide fun. My To-Do List has few pages of workable ideas ;)

Do you have a reliable printer for overlays/manuals ?

#627 JagChris ONLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,577 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 AM

If you time it for a Friday evening when he has his Atari meeting we can all get together then.

#628 JagChris ONLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,577 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 AM

This sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you my friend. Figured we could kick back and watch the Tetris World Championship

#629 VladR OFFLINE  

VladR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 AM

This sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you my friend. Figured we could kick back and watch the Tetris World Championship

Same here. Really sorry about that.

The Sac Gamers Expo is in ~6 weeks, so we will meet soon, anyway.

I just looked it up, and Portland is a pretty short drive from Sacramento - about 575 miles (though no idea on traffic). Funny that it's 1,200 miles from here, but then again, I'm barely an hour from Canadian border...

#630 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Stargunner

• 1,562 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 AM

Glad to hear you're continuing your project.  Your own IP is a smart move.  I've become increasingly cynical of your projects but would like nothing more than to be outright proven wrong.  Best of luck to you with your endeavor.

#631 VintageGamer74 OFFLINE  

VintageGamer74

Star Raider

• 52 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 PM

Good luck with your project! Whatever it may be. Hopefully it'll be available for purchase soon.

#632 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,746 posts

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:51 PM

Did you watch it there? I watched it live on youtube and twitch. What a crazy Tournament it was this year.

#633 JagChris ONLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,577 posts

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 PM

I didn't see the final round. I don't know who won, the Asian kid or the reigning champ.

It's hard to watch. No seating. You have to stand.

On the other hand the Super Bomberman tourney has seating and much more interesting to watch.

#634 digdugnate ONLINE  

digdugnate

Stargunner

• 1,898 posts

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 AM

Joseph Saelee won the Tetris tourney. :)

#635 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,746 posts

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 AM

Yeah the ending was a huge disappointment but the kid deserved it. I just hope this doesn't open the flood gates for kids to take over the tournament.

#636 VintageGamer74 OFFLINE  

VintageGamer74

Star Raider

• 52 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 11:47 AM

Just curious if there is anything new to report? Good luck!👍

#637 JagChris ONLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,577 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 2:19 PM

VladR, get ahold of Paul Westphal if you want yo set up an Atari meeting with him. He had actually reserved you a space at the PRGE

#638 WAVE 1 GAMES OFFLINE  

WAVE 1 GAMES

Stargunner

• 1,047 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:54 PM

VladR, get ahold of Paul Westphal if you want yo set up an Atari meeting with him. He had actually reserved you a space at the PRGE

Im gonna start showing up at these things eventually. Might be a nice way for me to get all the crazy out of my system. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users