Photo

Atari 2600 proto/demo games?

4 replies to this topic

#1 BigSamson OFFLINE  

BigSamson

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 PM

I picked these up today in a lot with some other Atari stuff. I'm more knowledgeable about Nintendo than I am Atari so I'm hoping someone here can help me with any info, value, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tapper (two copies)

20170119_172401.jpg

Star Trek Strategic Operations Simulator

Deadly Duck - DEMO ONLY NOT FOR RESALE

Beany Bopper - DEMO ONLY NOT FOR RESALE

20170119_172429.jpg

Buck Rogers Planet of Zoom - sample

Congo Bongo - sample

20170119_172929.jpg

#2 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,426 posts

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:04 PM

I've never seen a Star Trek demo cart like that before. Really neat.

#3 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,061 posts

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 PM

Those are loaner cooies. I have that Star Trek cart as well. If you are interested in selling shoot me a message, I will give you a fair price.

#4 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 25,999 posts

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:31 AM

I've never seen a Star Trek demo cart like that before. Really neat.

I've seen that one before.  I have no idea why they made a special label for it, but it's legit.  Maybe because it was Star Trek?

#5 PingvinBlueJeans OFFLINE  

PingvinBlueJeans

River Patroller

• 4,340 posts
  • Eat It

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 PM

I've seen that one before.  I have no idea why they made a special label for it, but it's legit.  Maybe because it was Star Trek?

There's at least 2 or 3 others floating around. One was sold on eBay in the last year. You also have a picture of one on your site, although that cartridge has a different case that appears to be the same one used by Fox/Sirius for their 2600 games.

Regarding the "special" label, I have a Tac-Scan prototype with a similar blue and white label. Nothing special about it...I think they just used those labels early on before switching to the other ones later. The Bally/Midway titles always have those pinkish red labels that are very similar to Activision review carts.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users