IGNORED

New Style Activision Labels Wanted!

SoundGammon

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked the newer style Activision labels on Pitfall II, River Raid II, Private Eye!

Me too. I've wanted the same thing, but haven't taken the time to do them all. I did a couple of them years ago, but just for the later releases that had generic labels like Double Dragon, Pete Rose Baseball, and Rampage. You can find those in my 2600 Hacks thread.

For a game like Pitfall!, you could use the artwork from the board game. For Enduro, you'd have to find suitable artwork from some other racing game or a good picture from the era that you could stylize to match the look of the others. Oink, find artwork from the fairytale, etc. Some of them, like River Raid, Kaboom!, etc. have official artwork from other versions like an 8-bit computer, Coleco, and/or Intellivision.

I kinda prefer the other ones cause the rainbow was quite signature of Activision's games. These don't have that.

agreed, wish all the releases had the rainbow. Although, some repro Activision labels would be nice for the particularly nasty actiplaques. I've gotten some nice Sega and NES repros from retrogamecases.com for 5 bucks a pop, but they don't do Atari, considering most atari games aren't even worth 5 bucks...