IGNORED

Your house is ablaze & you can only save 3 items from your game collection.

Well this hits alittle too close to home. Below are before and after pictures of our home. The Colorado Forest Fire of 2013 took our home and everything we owned.

I did manage to get 3 items out....

1. Our Dog (Bonnie)

2. Our other Dog (BeBe)

3. I just bought a Sharp NES TV which was sitting on our kitchen table.

I really did not have time to think and just grabbed my dogs. Then I saw the TV and grabbed that. My wife called and said to grab my son's stuffed animals. I managed to get a box of my son's toys and his two favorite stuffed animals(thank god!)

It was actually worse than most people can imagine since insurance can be a long and rough battle.

We moved 7 times in the next 12 months. 4 hotels and 3 houses. We finally settled with insurance two years later....

Oh yeah, I had an extremely large game collection. I owned a couple of game stores for 12 years and cherry picked everything for my collection. I owned almost every game you can imagine for every system out there.....sigh.....tears.....depression. :(

The one picture is of my 69 Cad Coupe DeVille. It was absolutely mint. I got $200 for it from the scrap metal....yeah......

Getting back to the question as far as intellivision, I would just grab the LTO cart. That is the route I have taken. Except Jaguar, I am slowly replacing all my Jag stuff.

post-14528-0-87181400-1487031619_thumb.jpg

post-14528-0-16306600-1487031634_thumb.jpg

post-14528-0-20562000-1487031661_thumb.jpg

Well this hits alittle too close to home. Below are before and after pictures of our home. The Colorado Forest Fire of 2013 took our home and everything we owned.

I did manage to get 3 items out....

1. Our Dog (Bonnie)

2. Our other Dog (BeBe)

3. I just bought a Sharp NES TV which was sitting on our kitchen table.

I really did not have time to think and just grabbed my dogs. Then I saw the TV and grabbed that. My wife called and said to grab my son's stuffed animals. I managed to get a box of my son's toys and his two favorite stuffed animals(thank god!)

It was actually worse than most people can imagine since insurance can be a long and rough battle.

We moved 7 times in the next 12 months. 4 hotels and 3 houses. We finally settled with insurance two years later....

Oh yeah, I had an extremely large game collection. I owned a couple of game stores for 12 years and cherry picked everything for my collection. I owned almost every game you can imagine for every system out there.....sigh.....tears.....depression. :(

The one picture is of my 69 Cad Coupe DeVille. It was absolutely mint. I got $200 for it from the scrap metal....yeah......

Getting back to the question as far as intellivision, I would just grab the LTO cart. That is the route I have taken. Except Jaguar, I am slowly replacing all my Jag stuff.

Wow, that's terrible. I spend a lot of time double checking burners and door locks, wondering if I left something on or open. I couldn't imagine dealing with an impending natural disaster. I really need to finish inventory/documenting/insuring my crap.

Thanks guys! It was a life changing event for sure. The pure amount of time lost with dealing with this kind of thing is endless, seems like it never ends.

I should have had separate insurance riders on the games. I now know just about everything about what to do/not do when it comes with insuring that kind of stuff.

We spent 7 days sifting thru ash looking for anything of value....gold coins, silver coins, jewerly, etc. We found nothing....

Well, I did find one burnt NES game.(well part of the board). I would love to send it in and get it graded and slabbed! :)

btw, I call dibs on the screen/forum name "Devating Loss Machine"!!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

1.) Boxed Sylvania console

2.) Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling

3.) Stadium Mud Buggies

Everything else I have could be replaced with relatively little trouble (it would be expensive, but that's what homeowner's insurance is for :-D :P ).

Judging from the amount of faith you put in homeowner's insurance I really hope you never have to use it and find out what it's really like :)

Fortunately all family members, friends, and pets get a free pass out of the fire. You still have time to grab 3 games, though :D

I prolly take these then. They are one of a kind... :grin:

But then I won't have a system or games to play them on... :_(

31480921136_ea98c4587a_b.jpg

21472086812_89fd79104d_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157629736738048

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157634800361528

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157649774625620

Only 3 items......man, :? so much great stuff would be melted!

For the sake of other collectors, I would probably grab my mint in box Spiker! Volleyball and my Atari 5200 and Vectrex Multicarts.

Or Learning Fun 1 and 2 instead. Tough call.....

1st Set of Choices

1) INTV controller modded from a NES Advantage (not sure it is still available)

2) CV Arcade Joystick with Pinball Flipper Buttons (no longer available)

3) UltraCade arcade cabinet (no longer available for several years)

2nd Set of Choices if all of 1st Set is Available even if Expensive

1) PS Vita loaded with digital games

2) N3DS loaded with digital games

3) Classic NES styled GBA

MAME cabinet can be replaced, all consoles can be replaced, most games can be replaced. Would buy flash carts for ROMs as replacements for most of the games. For games that I cannot get the ROM and cannot replace the game, it would be too difficult to decide which game in that category would be saved and which would be sacrificed so let them all go. Very interesting but depressing topic.

Troy

• 6 years later...