Photo

New power supplies for the ColecoVision?

262 replies to this topic

#251 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,639 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 PM

Heads up, I got notice from Console5 that once these are released, Console5 will be a source for US sales to get these. No ETA on when they will have them, but they did PM me about it to let me know. 

• Trebor , Greg2600 , ArcadeJunkie and 2 others like this

#252 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,569 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:34 PM

Heads up, I got notice from Console5 that once these are released, Console5 will be a source for US sales to get these. No ETA on when they will have them, but they did PM me about it to let me know. 

Since they are a business are they going to raise the price ?

#253 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,639 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:59 PM

Since they are a business are they going to raise the price ?

I don't the know answer to that specifically. But I would imagine they would buy them in bulk for a lesser price per unit than it would cost the average person to buy just one for themselves. 

As an example, I don't know what the McWill LCD kits cost an individual if they purchase directly from McWill + Shipping, but Console5 sells the kits at $119 + shipping. But then I know with the shipping it will be tracked and I will receive it in about 3 days on average.

• Ruggers Customs likes this

#254 EvilDragon17 OFFLINE  

EvilDragon17

Star Raider

• 82 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:05 PM

Yes, I can confirm Console5 plans to stock them. Price should be roughly the same, as they get a discount from me.
  • Trebor , SiLic0ne t0aD and Ruggers Customs like this

#255 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,646 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:52 PM

:thumbsup:

https://console5.com...ecovision.html/

Spoiler

I'm sure the current $0.01 list price will change after the product is in stock.  :-D

• thegamezmaster likes this

#256 Ruggers Customs OFFLINE  

Ruggers Customs

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 PM

:thumbsup:

https://console5.com...ecovision.html/

Spoiler

I'm sure the current $0.01 list price will change after the product is in stock.  :-D

They're expected to have them in stock sometime in December.

• Trebor likes this

#257 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,391 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 PM

I just ordered one as well but, alas, it may ultimately prove to be somewhat useless (to me that is) if the ColecoVision Phoenix Kickstarter funds (I am on that list too) http://kck.st/2ynKCVn

I'm thinking it may be the answer to powering the roller controller, since the Phoenix won't have an AC connection for it, but the plug will still fit the Roller Controller, but I'm wondering if the Roller Controller cord end would need some kind of blanking plug on the side with the metal plug tines. Maybe you could just plug one into each side of the cord end.

#258 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,391 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 PM

Yes, I can confirm Console5 plans to stock them. Price should be roughly the same, as they get a discount from me.

I've never thought to ask this before. Has this adapter been shown to work with the Roller Controller?

#259 ten-four OFFLINE  

ten-four

Dragonstomper

• 912 posts
  • Here i am... again!

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 AM

There you go...  ;-)

usb-c-vs-roller-ctrl.jpg

• Lil Alien and Ruggers Customs like this

#260 Ruggers Customs OFFLINE  

Ruggers Customs

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 PM

There you go...  ;-)

attachicon.gifusb-c-vs-roller-ctrl.jpg

I borrowed this pic and posted it to my business FB page if that's okay.  I made sure to give you credit for providing the picture.  Thank you! :)

#261 ten-four OFFLINE  

ten-four

Dragonstomper

• 912 posts
  • Here i am... again!

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:04 AM

No problem at all.

;-)

#262 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• 790 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:15 AM

Okay, CE/FCC tests have been done today and the adapter passed :D

So it's time to prepare the production (finally :D)

Just a quick question:
Do you think an Indiegogo / Kickstarter would be good (gives a better coverage) or should I just setup a preorder myself and start the production?

I am glad you now have this USB ColecoVision power converter on your website with a possible release date as early as December 2018.

Since in a prior post you mentioned that this ColecoVision USB power converter passed safety certification for Europe (CE) and also received passing results for FCC certification, you might want to list the CE and FCC logo with certification numbers on your website. Mentioning CE and FCC safety certification well most likely increase the amount of people that well pre-order this product.

I see people quoting a final delivery price of around $42 for this USB power converter, then if one purchases a high quality USB UL listed power adapter for $10, this would place the total cost around $52 or $55. Around $55 is fine since going with a PC power supply converted to the ColecoVision would have most likely have cost $100-$120. I like the size of the pictures of your USB power converter. What type of warranty are you offering on the USB power converter?    

Edited by HDTV1080P, Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:19 AM.

#263 EvilDragon17 OFFLINE  

EvilDragon17

Star Raider

• 82 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 AM

There are no certification numbers.
CE is a self-certification which never had any numbers and for FCC, the device falls under the category FCC DoC (Part 15), so it's a self-certification as well.

We'll give a 2 years warranty, either a fix or refund.
  • HDTV1080P and MMarcoux66 like this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users