IGNORED

Help me make a cable for Nintendo Wii Cyberbike

vintagegamecrazy

I recently got a boxed Cyberbike that doesn't have the cable to plug it into the system. I am proficient with soldering but want to know if anyone could help me with a pin out to connect a Gamecube controller cable to a USB cable. The bike has the USB cable square side on it and I would have to cut a cable off a dead Gamecube controller and solder them together. I plan on using glue shrinkwrap tubing to seal it when its done. I would need advice on the pinout. Can I just start connecting wires until one of the layouts works before soldering and will that damage anything on the console or bike if it's wired wrong or will it just not work until it's connected right.

Please help me out as these things are just so rare now and finding a cable to replace mine is going to be almost impossible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there, did you find a solution? I'm in the same situation.

USB B and Gamecube (the Wii Cyberbike is actually just a gamecube controller) both have 4 pins. I'm betting it's just getting the pins right.

Instead of cutting a controller you could cut a gamecube extension cord instead. Do the same with a USB B to whatever cable. I'm just going to do that and then twist cables together. I'd be surprised if there's enough voltage to do any damage to anything, but that I can't be sure of. If you beat me to it or have tried already please let me know.