UPDATE: As of 18 Mar 17: 34 Ordered, 16 to go. All payment emails sent. We are OVER HALFWAY THERE!!!
If we can get to 40 orders, I will order the parts and this thing will be a go. We will still need to get to 50 to pay the balance for the SMD assembler, but if we can get to 40, we can start this process and move the timeline up.
I have found another supplier for some of the parts and they had a deal, so I have started to order some of the parts. . Let me be clear: I STILL NEED 50 PRE-ORDERS. Tell your friends. Hell, I even gave Facebook $10 to advertise!
As promised, here are the details:
Starting TODAY, 17 FEB 17, I am taking pre-orders for Electrotrains' Ultimate Atari Cart.
Here is how it will work:
1. Send total payment via PayPal to email@example.com. Please, make sure you use the "Pay for goods/services" option.
1a. Please include email & AtariAge handle somewhere in the notes when sending PayPal.
2. You may order as many cartridges as you wish, but your payment MUST be received IN FULL (including shipping) for you to reserve one or more of them.
3. There needs to be 50 pre-orders by April 18, 2017. If there are not, all pre-orders will be refunded IN FULL.
4. I will send you an email verifying receipt and telling you your # on the list. The number does nothing but let you know how close we are to starting production.
5. As soon as I receive 50 pre-orders, I will order the parts and start the process of making the cartridges.
17FEB: Pre-Orders Start
ASAP: As soon as 50 pre-orders are made, I will order the parts. I already have the PCBs. The LATEST this date could be is 18 APR 2017. Faster pre-ordering means, earlier start date.
25 APR Parts & PCBs to assembler
02 MAY Assembled boards received back.
Begin doing hand solder parts (3), programming, casing, testing
16 MAY Begin shipment
01 JUN All carts should be in your hands
NOTE: If the 50th pre-order comes earlier than 18Apr, then everything gets moved up. It is all dependent on how fast the 50 pre-orders happen.
Includes one Ultimate Atari Cart inside of a custom printed, 3D case.
Case is BLACK, unless you choose differently. The label is waterproof and laser printed.
If you do not want the case, subtract $5.00.
If you want a different COLOR for the case, ADD $5.00
(See the attached PDF file for available colors. Do Glow in the dark!!)
Shipping is as follows:
US-based PayPal Addresses: $10.00 for up to three carts
Canada-based PayPal Addresses: $15.00 for up to three carts
Rest of the world PayPal addresses: $20.00 for up to two carts
US shipments will go out Priority Mail, insured. Everybody else will go out International First Class Package.
WHAT IS THIS CARTRIDGE?
- Design, PCB & FPGA firmware by Robin Edwards (electrotrains at atariage)
- Atari boot menu & XEX loader by Jonathan Halliday (flashjazzcat at atariage)
- Debugging - Matthias Reichl (HiassofT at atariage)
- Help, suggestions and FAT32 LFN code from Mark Watson (foft at atariage)
For more information, here are some links:
Also details further down in the thread here: #25
Edited by MacRorie, Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:47 PM.