IGNORED

OT: Thrift find

Opry99er

Went to the local flea market hoping to find some TI gear (No luck there, as usual). We walked into a booth and my son saw something he wanted, but I did not have enough cash to get it--as it was a cash-only booth.

I told him we would be back another time, and he was okay with that. The guy running the booth asked how much I had on me, and I told him $6.00.

He said, 'nah, it's been a good day today... Here, take it.'

I tried to give him the $6.00, but he wouldn't take it. We got home and realized that not only was it a crap load of cards, it was a 100% complete set of 1989 Topps... Not a single card missing. We spent the afternoon sorting. Awesome day.

20170225_152223-01_zpson27lanl.jpeg

20170225_152237-01_zpso0ax5s5q.jpeg

20170225_160515-01_zpskhjkhjlj.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks for responding. :) We are amateur/part time baseball card collectors, having many semi-valuable cards from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.... No grails like a Honus Wagner or a Ty Cobb, but we do have some nice Hank Aarons, Nolan Ryans, Ted Williams, and Johnny Bench cards.

The story above is not necrssarily about getting something rare at a great price. :)

The story is about seeing the world through the excited eyes of a 7 year old... It's about being a dad... It is about seeing the world through the tired, wise eyes of an old man, who has been both the son and the father in his many years.

It isn't really about baseball cards at all. :) :)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 3