IGNORED

Hi-res demos and shape creation and drawing utilities

Iamgroot

Cool, looking forward to checking it out. Once I get everything set up the way I want to, I plan to start programming again. I just finished playing Space Quest II off my real Sierra floppies. I want to be able to make a game like that someday.

Shapes and shape tables can be used on any graphics platform with the right driver, since the shapes themselves contain no color information.

Normally shapes are just meant for black and white monitors and all they do is turn bits on and off, but with a little bit of thought in the plotting strategy can ultimately display the colors you intended the shape to have. Getting the right colors to display by using vector shapes is possible but takes quite a bit more processing power and thought, and is too slow for animation.

The demo here is mostly meant to portray what colors can be next to each other on the hires screen. If the shape tables are used on the low, dbl-low and dbl-hi screens, you will see something totally different. But shapes can be created to display the intended color for them as well.

• Like 1