IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Weeks 7/8 = Activision Sports Weeks

S.BAZ

Dragster 6.11

Man how do you guys beat under six!!!

Try quickly and carefully tapping left to bump the clutch once you get in 4th gear. Keep tapping it throughout the rest of the race to push the red line as high as possible without blowing the engine the and you'll have a shot at finishing under 6 seconds. :)

• Like 1

Score: 2012.0 (Day 11) 8)

I did this one early this morning, March 18th, 2017 - the day after my 41st birthday. It's a new personal best, so my reflexes must be improving with age. Unfortunately the prolonged fast "driving" actually made me a bit nauseous. It was done on a real Atari VCS 4-switch woody with a refurbished CX-40 joystick and using a fairly retro pre-flatscreen era TV. Because I wanted a new personal high score so badly, even with the nausea I couldn't bring myself to quit until the game forced me to!

Enduro High Score 3.18.2017

Edited by DanielJSorenson
  • Like 7

Dragster - 5.81

Enduro - 796.2

Day 5 continues to be a thorn in my side. Major props to those of you who have gotten to day 10 and beyond - that takes an amazing amount of concentration.

And I just checked the HSC rules and didn't see anything about brick shitting, so...if I want to shit bricks, then bricks will be shat :P

post-23265-0-42028800-1489876502_thumb.jpeg

post-23265-0-40255500-1489876523_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Question re Dragster. I've tried to follow the advice of some posters to lightly tap left when my tach is in the red. Whenever I do this, I get a "blown" at the end of the track even if it doesn't blow during the race. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I prevent this?

My guess is that your engine is blowing right before the end of the race. You just need to let up on the gas a little before it blows.

that takes an amazing amount of concentration.

Concentration really is the key to this game. Once you find the speeds you're comfy with in the different environments, you could in theory go all day. I am not sure, but it felt to me that it didn't get any harder after day 5. But there will come a point when you lose concentration, and then you have a couple of crashes in a row. Then you have to leave your comfort zone and go faster to still make it. That's when you crash even more :-).

• Like 3

Question re Dragster. I've tried to follow the advice of some posters to lightly tap left when my tach is in the red. Whenever I do this, I get a "blown" at the end of the track even if it doesn't blow during the race. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I prevent this?

It's been happening to me. I try to let up a little but it still blows.