IGNORED

Switch already hacked?

Rev

Cpuwiz probably used a needle and a battery to manually flip the bits on the ROM based on a hand assembled code on a roll of paper towels

Close, at least the assembly part. Got to bed at 3:30am this morning, fiddled with ARM NEON code all night.

;)

• Like 2

From GBAtemp

While Nintendo was developing the Switch, they came to Cyanogen.Inc to try to work together on a new OS (operative system) for their new console. But as a tweet of the Ex Ceo of Cyanogen.Incsays, nothing happened because McMaster told Nintendo to “stick it.”

post-2410-0-07305700-1490204843_thumb.jpg(tweet now deleted)

Also

post-2410-0-51378300-1490204856_thumb.png

[Android] Was under consideration. Switch is mostly custom kernel. They used bits of android.

See? It's not hard to provide proof of statements, with sources. I don't think that counts as "basically a customized version of Android," but does anyone disagree?

• Like 1

From GBAtemp

attachicon.gifrsz_11capture.jpg(tweet now deleted)

Also

attachicon.gifbobateron.png

See? It's not hard to provide proof of statements, with sources. I don't think that counts as "basically a customized version of Android," but does anyone disagree?

If it was the early days of Cyanogen it must have been the 3DS, because Cyanogen has been around for a while now (but probably won't be much longer..) lol

If it was the early days of Cyanogen it must have been the 3DS, because Cyanogen has been around for a while now (but probably won't be much longer..) lol

Depends if we're talking about Cyanogen the Android customization (~2009) or Cyanogen the company (2013). 3DS came out in early 2011.

I think he's talking about the Switch, because the 3DS is even farther away from Android than the Switch is.

That's a pretty stupid thing to put on twitter. Especially if the Switch keeps up with the great sales. It would have been a great thing to put in your portfolio.

For sure, especially since Cyanogen (The company) has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel...

Partially due to this characters mismanagement. Tech genius often doesn't translate well to corporate leadership; smart tech people bring in some talent when the company gets big enough. Just look at Uber...

• Like 1

Armchair experts kill me, "Operative System" should give all of it away.

I can't give out details, I can just sit back and chuckle at all the BS people throw around, thanks to NDA's with all major console makers.

PSVR is all done with bBasic, ask Fred!!!111!!!! His cousins brothers friends sister told a co-worker of his mother, I heard it from her hairdressers cat.

• Like 8