Photo

Intellivision Flashback 2?

138 replies to this topic

#126 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,123 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:16 PM

Somebody knows. My guess is that it will come with a sample set of overlays to save costs. And a supplemental set sold seperately is unlikely.

#127 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 5,871 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:22 PM

Somebody knows. My guess is that it will come with a sample set of overlays to save costs. And a supplemental set sold seperately is unlikely.

Nobody knows. We're still working out details of the final form the product will take.

#128 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,324 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:37 PM

The hand controllers should have touchscreens that load the overlay image of the game being played. Overlays are for the 1970s. 

#129 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,007 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 PM

I think somebody knows whether FDR is dead.

#130 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,404 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:47 PM

Nobody knows, because it hasn't been officially announced yet. Oh, and FDR has been dead for 72 years, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

I don't think I've been dead for 72 years.  That is about 25 years longer than I've been alive :-o

Don't spread such rumors...

I think somebody knows whether FDR is dead.

Yeah, my wife saw me leaving for work today, so at least there is somebody out there that knows I am not dead, yet.

Or at least I wasn't dead at the time that she saw me this morning :skull:

We'll see my status when I arrive home this evening :thumbsup:

#131 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,404 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:48 PM

Nobody knows. We're still working out details of the final form the product will take.

My vote is all overlays included. 

Or have an optional supplemental pack.

#132 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,123 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:29 PM

More overlays out of the box would be good for the games that use the keypad. More than half the games don't and don't need overlays. Buzz Bombers doesn't need overlays. The most important thing is the controllers are quality.

#133 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,169 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:22 PM

(...)

Yeah, my wife saw me leaving for work today, so at least there is somebody out there that knows I am not dead, yet.

Or at least I wasn't dead at the time that she saw me this morning :skull:

We'll see my status when I arrive home this evening :thumbsup:

#134 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,900 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:14 PM

Someone should develop this and lose some money for the cause.

The hand controllers should have touchscreens that load the overlay image of the game being played. Overlays are for the 1970s. 

#135 FifthPlayer OFFLINE  

FifthPlayer

Moonsweeper

• 318 posts

Posted Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 AM

The Nintendo DS version of "Intellivision Lives" does exactly this - it uses the lower touchscreen to display the image of the overlay for the game.  

I wish this had been updated for the 3DS with the emulation glitches (like missing arrow count sound in Cloudy Mountain, and missing voices in Space Spartans) cleaned up - it would have been the definitive Intellivision collection on modern hardware.

Edited by FifthPlayer, Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 AM.

#136 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Star Raider

• 91 posts

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Word has come down that there will not be an Intellivision Flashback 2 this year, but could very much be possible for 2018.  Definitely it is a bit of a bummer, but I would rather have the product be right than have just a minor improvement over the original. 

#137 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,324 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 AM

The Nintendo DS version of "Intellivision Lives" does exactly this - it uses the lower touchscreen to display the image of the overlay for the game.  

I wish this had been updated for the 3DS with the emulation glitches (like missing arrow count sound in Cloudy Mountain, and missing voices in Space Spartans) cleaned up - it would have been the definitive Intellivision collection on modern hardware.

Yes. Especially if they were able to get the Imagic, Intellivision, Interphase, and other third-party games into it. I wish it could have happened, but it doesn't seem likely now.  :(  Unless AtGames has some more secret surprises ...

#138 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Dragonstomper

• 522 posts

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:40 PM

Get an ultimate flashback upgrade then you'll have all the games plus hdmi output, well worth the cost

#139 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,123 posts

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:04 PM

Or get a Raspberry Pi, or use any old computer you already have; plus Intellivision controller USB adaptors.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users