IGNORED

Atari Jaguar RPG(s)?

Stage_1_Boss

Hey guys,

I just wanted to have a thread to discuss, I believe, the two RPGs available on the Jaguar; Towers II and Robinson's Reqiuem. First off, I don't see people mention Robinson's when talking RPG on the Jag, but gameplay is similar to Towers II. Is it generally considered an RPG alongside Towers II or would you place it in another genre? Also, I am not missing any, am I? With homebrews and ports out there I can't think of any that might land in this catagory.

Heya! = ) I consider those games as adventure titles since they're mostly point and click with puzzle solving.

But still awesome! haha...

With respect to Robinson's Requiem... it's a CD-only game, and with there being a limited number of CDs... there aren't as many of us playing it. I'll freely admit I rarely plug in my CD drive. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

It would be really great to see a game (similar) along the lines of Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior... on cartridge.

• Like 1

There was a Centipede RPG in development during the Jag lifespan that was canned. There's an interview here somewhere I've read.

Also, Mysterious Song (traditional turn based JRPG) had a Jag CD port in works around 2011 or so that never came out. Same dev did release it on PC Engine CD.

Might be splitting hairs, but I think RR is/was technically considered a survival simulation. Depends on your RPG definition.

I wish I could play RR, but for whatever reason, this is the one game that I can not get to run on my JagCD. It will run every other commercial/homebrew release and CD-R homebrew releases but RR crashes all the time very shortly after starting the game, if it even loads at all. Carl at Songbird was kind enough to work with me and we tried a couple copies of the game but with no luck. So I have a copy of the game for the collection, but no real opportunity to play. I'm hoping the new Jag SD cart will come with JagCD emulation and perhaps I can get a chance to play it that way.

I like Towers II - definitely has a 'Daggerfall-ish' feel to it.

• Like 1

Yeah it would be nice if SOMEBODY were working on that type of game for the Jaguar. ;)

Honestly, I'm not going to kick the nuts of a dead horse while looking at it's mouth when it's being given to me for free...

...I'm just glad people are still making games for the Jaguar!

But... if there's an Atari ST game that's a true RPG in the vein of those games... I'd be all over that.

Edited by 82-T/A