IGNORED

Rodea The Sky Soldier Wii/Wii U release

So....came across this one at Mal Wart today and snapped it up for $20.

I'm a big fan of the creator of this game who did the Sonic Series and Nights into Dreams among other things.

Strangely enough, the "bonus game" in this game is a Wii version. According to many reviewers and the games creator, that is the version to play, not the Wii U or 3DS versions. How bizarre is that?

This must have been one of the last 5-10 Wii releases as it came out in late 2015. Anyone played this game? What was your experience if so?

post-38373-0-17502000-1490212272_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it at the store last weekend new for $20, but I didn't grab it. I'm interested, but I'd have to find the time plus a copy with the WII disc in it as I have no Wii U and never will again. I know the Wii release was the only good release of it as well or I'd have settled on the 3DS one but it's as bad or worse than the WiiU release from what I read.

No one has played this?!

I have this I bought it used for $10 one of my last Wii U games per sey.

Now to explain I have only played the Wii version and not tried the Wii U one yet. It plays like Sonic Colors kinda? Or Sonic Adventure Battle crossed with Knights for Sega Saturn.

Its not bad from what I have played and it controls nice for the Wii anyhow but I would imagine the Wii you would be the same and not use the game pad and still the Wii motes to be honest. I know there are compare reviews out there but honestly I would wonder more about how it plays overall.

Just my 2 cents on giving the Wii one some time and all. It looks pretty good as well so that's saying something for a system way past its prime to say,

I saw it at the store last weekend new for $20, but I didn't grab it. I'm interested, but I'd have to find the time plus a copy with the WII disc in it as I have no Wii U and never will again. I know the Wii release was the only good release of it as well or I'd have settled on the 3DS one but it's as bad or worse than the WiiU release from what I read.

I think all releases came with the Wii version, did they not?

^That sounds a lot like what I've read about the 3DS one so even when I see it new for $10 I avoid it. You get 2 samey comments about it. Odd controls and/or odd camera that just make it a chore to get into so it's not very enjoyable. The 3DS game uses the same general game model and camera more or less as the 3DS as the WiiU pad w/TV is similar enough to 3DS. The Wii was the original intended version but when the writing wasn't obviously on the wall about WiiU yet they feared it wouldn't sell due to new hardware so it got spread over other systems. That's why the developer, reviewers, owners, keep saying the Wii release is the real one, the best one, the only one to play which makes sense why both games are in the box and that box art sleeve if reverseable with the original Wii packaging no less hiding inside.

I got my old stories confused, I thought just the first run of Rodea was like that, but it's all apparently. Got my wires crossed with Bayonetta I guess, or early media assumed as much and I wasn't buying Wii stuff anymore at that rate. Truth be told I just got back into the Wii clearly, and I hadn't bought games for it from probably a year or a bit longer before Wii U popped out as I had ended up with a stupid cheap PS3 deal when Circuit City folded. I'll grab Rodea, it's a must, along with other goodies I missed out on in 2011 and later (Pandora, Last Story, Dragon Ball, and others.)