IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - It's over. (part 2)

RSS Bot

If anyone has wondered why I said I quit and then continue working on a Game Boy project, the answer is this: It is more manageable. I was angry about so many projects not working. I am still vowing to not program any more, but since my dream was making a Game Boy game, and I am finally trying to live it, and it is actually doing what I am telling it to do, I figured why stop the Game Boy game? The Virtual Boy is hard, it does weird stuff you don't tell it to do when you turn it off and back on again, Atari 2600 assembly is too hard, and Jaguar is extremely hard even with Raptor Basic. Game Gear is hard as well. And I am beginning to look like a nuisance since I've released so many Odyssey 2 homebrew games. But the Game Boy is actually fun to work on. It's actually doing what I tell it to! Everything else it seems is either too hard or not obeying me. Oranges has less than 750 lines, and I doubt it will go past 1,000 since I have the basic engine in already. So yes, it's still "over." The only thing I've even attempted on trying to make better since then is Oranges. But even Oranges makes me yell and scream sometimes. I'm sorry I keep saying I quit, I'm sorry I whine about help, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I guess I just blog when I shouldn't. It gets so frustrating when I'm trying to do stuff and it doesn't work that I give up completely on it. There are a few projects I won't work on any more, like Cabman for the Odyssey 2. When you try to do too much stuff on it, sprites start flickering. Such was the case with Snowman. But I hate being angry, it makes me so angry when I get angry. And then I get sad because I'm angry.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13762-its-over-part-2/