IGNORED

SIO2OSX is now FREEWARE!

eightbit

SInce recently acquiring a Mac Mini G4 PPC and a 65XE coming, I figured it would be great to use SIO to transfer disk images to the 8-bit using the little Mac Mini G4. But there aren't many options. I found SIO2OSX (http://www.atarimac.com/sio2osx.php) in a forum thread and noticed the payment link was down. I contacted the author and here is what he said:

Hi Bruce,

Please use the following license code with my permission, and let anyone you know who is interested they can as well:
SIO2OSX license key:
Name: Mark Grebe
Code: SIO-4E28CK-Y6YKK-WU55L-GKHT0-MC1MY-QDG7N-9M
SIO2OSX is now freeware. I need to update the web site, but I am working full time and am a part time PhD student, so I have almost zero free time. I did post the code to atariage.com forums when Kagi went belly up, if you haven’t looked at Al’s site, its a great place for Atari info.
I do hope to get SIO2OSX to build under the current Xcode at some point (without the licensing restrictions), but since I got laid off this summer and started a new job in October ago, I just don’t have the time.
Thanks for the email!
Mark
So there you have it. It is now freeware for all to enjoy! He said he posted the code somewhere on AA, but I couldn't find it....
Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

So there you have it. It is now freeware for all to enjoy! He said he posted the code somewhere on AA, but I couldn't find it....

I think Mark meant he posted his activation code/key. If I remember correctly, when Kagi went pear-shaped he posted this info and indicated that at some point he would like to open-source the project as well as make it free. I don't *think* that ever happened but I could be mistaken.