IGNORED

Sega to Intellivision controller adapter

grips03

I've had worse luck this year. Had second major surgery a couple of weeks ago. I'm still looking to do this project, however it needs to be delayed to Early 2018.

Sorry for the delay.

First things, first. Wishing you a fast recovery.

• Like 1

Hope you recover fully and quickly!

I am interested in this device. Maybe I missed the price, I'll look back. Saw the 9vdc P.S. price.

With Pac Jr. coming and my constantly declining scores, I need something to get the edge back! Yeah, I no it's not a miracle worker.

But I do think this could help on a few games. It must be my fine cornering that has really slipped, I can still do well on games like Deadly Discs,

Bump n Jump etc. But Carol or night stalker etc. Wow, I just stink at these now. I was pretty good at these games just a couple of years ago.

Let's not even talk about eye sight! LOL

I take it you didn't get 20 orders. So, $73 + shipping and power supply...

Edited by 1980gamer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Makes sense to me. That's how the 5200 Masterplay does it.

It would still be possible to connect a Y cable and merge a controller into it at any rate, for games where having the overlay is really important. (right?)

5200 Masterplay does not have built in keypad, see picture.

It would raise price by $10-15 in order to have both. I won't be making two models. So price increase would effect everyone. Is that what people want?

post-27883-0-95706900-1513863193.png

I'm starting to work on this again.

Would people prefer a built in keypad on top of the unit?

I would then remove the rear port that would usually connect to the Intellivision controller (in order to use its keypad).

i am interested in one of these. I have super nintendo, pc engine and nes controllers that i modified that i can use on this. Not sure how well the nes rapid fire will work on this.
  • Like 1

5200 Masterplay does not have built in keypad, see picture.

It would raise price by $10-15 in order to have both. I won't be making two models. So price increase would effect everyone. Is that what people want?

I was thinking of the masterplay clone I have, I guess. It has the numeric buttons on it.

What I was saying about a Y-cable was that if you removed the input port to connect an inty controller, I could always still attach my own via a Y-cable regardless of the design decisions you're making. E.g., I connect a regular colecovision controller and a modified NES controller via a Y-cable to play games all the time. If you go with a design that doesn't include the pass through for a real controller, I can work around that.

That said, I'm fine either way. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the keypad and the port together. But I'm ok if you decide the other way also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PCBs with built in keypad arrived today.

Everything tests out perfect. Still need to make slight physical adjustments.

I kept the old design so it works with Atari 2600, SMS and Genesis controller. i.e. 3rd Intv button is B+C (on Genesis) and Start button does nothing.

Production run should start in March.

**this is a one off case** top and bottom are different colors, keypad off center, etc.

post-27883-0-68937300-1517705826_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-80502800-1517706462_thumb.jpg

• Like 3