IGNORED

What do you use your 5200 storage compartment for?

Atarikid96

I know it's made for controllers, but I've never really used it for that. Generally, since it is near my bed, I like to keep cash, cigarettes, and other pocket items in there while I sleep. It may just be me, but I find it great for valuable things such as those. I wonder what people in the early 80s used it for. Probably Quaaludes, coke, and Blondie cassettes lol. What do you keep in your's???

Nothing....I have two controllers but flipping the damn thing up and down is asking for a hinge to break. And I don't feel like handling it with kid gloves all the time.

Good point. It took me a while to locate a new cover for one of my units. Best Electronics used to have them in stock, but that stock has all run out. :(

Good point. It took me a while to locate a new cover for one of my units. Best Electronics used to have them in stock, but that stock has all run out. :(

Yeah my machine has a great front cover and chrome strip but had a broken back flap so I needed a replacement myself. Luckily when I wanted to try making a chopper, I got an extra backflap to put on the main machine. Now I just leave the thing closed, and rest my controllers next to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As was intended, I keep both controllers in there, which I never use, and rather I have a third controller (which I also almost never use) that I keep outside connected to the Wico joystick splitter which is what I almost always use when I play 5200, which is almost never anyhow.

Ok, I suppose it's better to ask here than start a new thread. But how the hell do you actually use the storage compartment for controllers? I can't even get *one* in there, let alone two. I figure there must be a trick to organizing the cables. I see on the bottom that there's both a little plastic peg where the joystick sits (and I know they go in upside down), but then there are little rubber pegs next to that. What the heck are those for? I assume they must have some purpose that helps you get things in there correctly.

Edited by spacecadet