IGNORED

Spectravideo SV-328 Help

Is there anyone on AA who is a SV-328 expert? I finally got my SV-328 expander with disk drive running, and I want to try and put games on disk. The problem is, I have no idea how to do that. I have CP/M and Disk Basic, but that's all. My guess is that you need to load the game into memory from tape and then save it to a disk, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Has anyone done something like this before?

• Like 1

My expander came with a homemade cable that hooked up to a regular 360K PC drive. I was able to create a CP/M disk using a program on my DOS PC and I got it all up and running. Unfortunately I can't find any software to use with it other than the OS's so I'm going to have to make my own.

I can create floppies on my PC no problem as long as they're in the the.IMD or .DSK format. I was able to make a disk basic disk that way. Now I need to figure out how to save games from tape to the disk. I'm going to guess I have to load the game into memory from tape then just save it to a disk. We'll see.

there is noway of having the tape drive conneceted while the expander on. but looking at my floppy disks he did transfer them

over and all so he printed them out all the games to SV printer to type in later i have all the gear but can't use it.

the only thing i got working was the SVI 606 game adapter MSX had to do some soldering the rest it bettan up a bit

not looked after i got some work to to.

there is noway of having the tape drive conneceted while the expander on. but looking at my floppy disks he did transfer them

over and all so he printed them out all the games to SV printer to type in later i have all the gear but can't use it.

Doh! You're right about the tape drive and the expansion box. I completely forgot about that. :(

So how did your friend do it? Surely there must be a way. Maybe there's a way to turn .cas files into .dsk on a computer?

Is there any way you can make images out of the disks you have? I think I can if you want to loan them to me (or if you want to sell them).

I have all print outs of all Keith's work whyback in 1984 on tractor feed paper all programs and games

on disk. I'm looking at Sub Hunt all on paper,game on disk lots of type ins by the tons and

even pac man and i found utilities programs like format a disk and sysgen.bas program

and init program dsktst plist and ascii to cpm and i can't use them yet i need a guru here to

sort out the SV computer.