IGNORED

Jaguar Rotary controller from Machine and game play testing

-^CrossBow^-

Made a video last night of my unboxing of the latest addition to my Jaguar collection. I finally grabbed a Jaguar rotary controller and created a video unboxing the excellent package and testing it out with some Tempest 2k and REBootEROIDS game play. It was more expensive than most of these go for on the 'bay but the overall packaging and features on this controller were something I didn't want to pass up.

!! Spoiler !! - I really like it and think any Jaguar owner that likes Tempest2k should pick up a rotary controller for themselves or look online on how to make one.

• Like 7

Very nice, but turn your gamma up in Rebooteroids :)

Actually...the gamma is at max I'm sorry to say. As you know, on flat panel modern displays, the background just doesn't come through very well. I can tell you that while I was actually playing the background could be seen by my own eyes more, but the camera wasn't able to pick it up it would seem.

And I didn't mean it as a insult in regards to Cyrano being a Programmer and my comment. The fact is, I don't know Cyrano and I don't know what he does for a living. He can certainly do a heck of a lot more than I would ever be able to hope to do and I again, it wasn't meant honestly as it sounded I'm sure.

Actually...the gamma is at max I'm sorry to say. As you know, on flat panel modern displays, the background just doesn't come through very well. I can tell you that while I was actually playing the background could be seen by my own eyes more, but the camera wasn't able to pick it up it would seem.

And I didn't mean it as a insult in regards to Cyrano being a Programmer and my comment. The fact is, I don't know Cyrano and I don't know what he does for a living. He can certainly do a heck of a lot more than I would ever be able to hope to do and I again, it wasn't meant honestly as it sounded I'm sure.

Don't worry, I don't think anyone took what you said as an insult, so no need to apologize. ;-)

I had the exact same problem when making the videos for it myself. I didn't want to bump it any higher in game (so it would show on video) because then it didn't give the effect I wanted when playing.

And no offence taken at all :)

Yeah, I had this on my Plasma TV and I had to turn up the Gamma. It looked good turned up. Then I switched it to a 35" CRT and I needed to turn it way back down to the middle settings. It looks fantastic on both, but I perfer to play Jaguar games on the CRT. I absolutely am addicted to Rebooteroids. I can't believe a game came out that pushed Tempest 2000 for playing time, but Rebooteroids is that good/fun! If you own a Jag, you gotta own Rebooteroids.

I just sold the first dozen, I have enough to make 10 more but then I am gonna retire this project. That is until CJ releases Downfall+. ;)

New patch for Downfall+???? I so want to make one!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...