29 replies to this topic

#26 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Mon May 1, 2017 11:04 PM

Now I kinda regret buying the system.  I have never sodered anything before nor have I really replaced any electronic parts(beside adding RAM to a PC, which was plug and play).  Basically I'm at a point where if I find another system that works, then that'll be the system I use.  I might still try some more cleaning again, just in case.  This really does bum me out though.  The guy I bought the system from said it wasn't tested.  That should've been a warning sign to me, but I was so excited to find a system, that it just didn't sink in.  Live and learn.

#27 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 12:49 AM

BTW, I would like to thank all of you who replyed to my post.  I never had an intellivision growing up and just started collecting over the past 6 months, when I found a bunch of games at thrift stores.  I had a Gemini system growing up and played a lot of 2600 games(which I also collect).  You really made me feel welcomed and atariage is now one of my favorite sites.  I already learned alot about the systems.  Yeah, some of it is alittle too technical for me, but again, a really BIG thank you.

#28 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,549 posts

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 5:01 AM

I don't know if you have a 2609 or an Intellivision II but you should at least open it up and give the logic board a good visual inspection, cleaning if necessary, and check voltages. Maybe reseat the chips that aren't soldered.

Voltage tedt points: https://console5.com...i/Intellivision

#29 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 1:28 PM

I have a 2609.

#30 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 11:14 PM

I went looking around ebay for a parts console and ended up buying a intellivision 3 with 2 games(frogger and AD & D)for 38.50, including shipping.  So, right now, my first intellivision will be a display piece until I get around to fixing it.  So, after around 35 years, I can now play intellivision.  Again, I can't thank you all enough for all the info.  Really appreciate it all.  Now I need some more games and get my intellivoice working.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users