Photo

Cuttle Cart 2 problem

9 replies to this topic

#1 pinkstone OFFLINE  

pinkstone

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:40 PM

Hi, after a few years stored I finally tested my 7800. It only started in 2600 mode so, I changed the two RAM ICs (TMM-2016P-1 for TMM-2016AP-1) and then everything worked fine. But, when I tried my CC2, I saw a screen reporting that the NVRAM was corrupted and next, the text in the menu showed up garbled. I rebuilt the menu.txt and menu.cc2, and also formatted the MMC but nothing changed. Then, I reflashed the CC2 with bootrom.cc2 (showed up that it was done correctly) but when the 7800 booted again, the screen was black with white vertical and diagonal stripes. The strange thing is that in the Emergency Boot, the screen is fine, only happen in the Main Mode. I tried to update within the emergency mode with bootrom.cc2 (2.01 and 1.01) but still do that (with and without the MMC). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: Reading (again) the manual, I noticed that the file I have to use in Emergency Mode is EMGBOOT.CC2 but I couldn´t find nowhere and schells.com is down. Someone has this file? Thanks!

#2 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,623 posts

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 PM

This post has the Cuttle Cart 2 web pages archived as well as all associated files complete in one zip archive.

#3 pinkstone OFFLINE  

pinkstone

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 PM

Thank you, I used those files to update but they don´t have EMGBOOT.CC2 nor in the original CD that came with the CC2.  

#4 Mitch OFFLINE  

Mitch

Quadrunner

• 6,568 posts
  • 7800 Guy

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 PM

Here you go.

Attached Files

#5 pinkstone OFFLINE  

pinkstone

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 AM

Thanks, I was able to reflash the CC2 (renaming to BOOTROM.CC2) but it still do the same thing. 

#6 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,623 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 AM

Thanks, I was able to reflash the CC2 (renaming to BOOTROM.CC2) but it still do the same thing. 

Was the full Emergency Boot process performed, including moving over the jumper?  If the full process was followed and the issue continues to occur, replacing the internal battery may be necessary.  

Both steps are mentioned in a snippet from the manual captured below:

CC2_EMERG_N_BATT.PNG

#7 pinkstone OFFLINE  

pinkstone

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 AM

Yes, I moved the jumper to Emergency Mode. I´m going to replace the battery but it still has 3 V, so maybe it´s not an issue.  

Thanks for the replies. 

#8 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

Commodore Chaos Knight

• 5,227 posts
  • Cartridge master

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 AM

I recently made a backup of my CD because I sold my spare CC2 (and the files are long gone from the website), but someone else has helped you out there :)

#9 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,623 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:07 PM

Thanks to Mitch, the Cuttle Cart 2 archive has been updated to include the elusive "Emergency Boot" ROM file:

Attached File  Cuttle Cart 2_20170414.zip   915.71KB   50 downloads

#10 pinkstone OFFLINE  

pinkstone

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 PM

Well, I changed the battery. Nothing changed  :(

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users