IGNORED

Atari 800 keyboard mylar repair

ultrasteve

Hi all.

On the new-to-me 800 I've just got, loads of the keys weren't working. I've just disassembled the keyboard and looks like the mylar is knackered. I've attached a pic of the mylar, one of the PCB, and one of the mylar that I've made notes on.

I'm fairly new to all of this though, so would I be right in thinking that I need to paint conductive paint along the bits that are effectively empty on the connector? The black areas are the conductive traces, I assume, since continuity works on those.

And what is the creamy coloured stuff that is on the contacts of the PCB? Presumably that's what has come off of the mylar, but should I leave that on there or do I need to clean it off?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I would really like to learn and be able to repair these things myself.

post-45046-0-32106400-1492203644_thumb.jpgpost-45046-0-72532700-1492203654_thumb.jpgpost-45046-0-12020100-1492203663_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...