<---- Click to animate
This was my entry into AC2017's speed coding contest that was held over Easter weekend in France. The game was done in under 29 hours (with breaks). Its not completely finished, but is quite playable. The contest theme (known in advance) was a cooperative game and the extra part added for the weekend was to use colours.
The objectives of the game are as follows:-
- Mow as much grass as possible OR
- Touch as many rainbow coloured gravestones as possible OR
- Touch the least number of zombies as possible
If you are touched by a zombie, you return to your starting corner and are stunned for 2 seconds. Then remain invincible to zombies until you move again. Gravestones are placed randomly for every level to add replayability.
Still to be done :-
- Animate the characters.
- Add sound effects and title page music.
- Add a menu to select the game style.
- Look at adding ECS support for a 4 player game.
- Add "lawn complete" logic.
- Add a "The winner is..." screen after the lawn has been mowed.
The final game will be made available free of charge on Hive only.