43 replies to this topic

#26 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:30 PM

And this is how I have mine hooked up to each other.  I'll get the exact cable pinouts tomorrow for the cable running from the TI to the TTL Converter board.

Attached Files

Edited by Shift838, Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 PM.

#27 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 AM

I took some time today to put my project into an enclosure.  I chose an aluminum by LMB HEEGER (LMB #00)

It all fit nicely in it and since aluminum looks cool and is easy to work with i think it turned out nice.

Maybe I'll design a cool label for it too.

I have to thank Paul Rickards for answering quite a few questions for me as well as the code!

Here are some pics...

Attached Files

Edited by Shift838, Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 AM.

#28 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 10,086 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 AM

I really love the TI section here at Atari Age, the endless invention and innovation of cool stuff satiates even my voracious appetite for new TI goodies.

If someone told me a year ago that people would be able to BBS or use Stuarts browser via WiFi with as little as a sidecar 32K and a small addition to the UberCart...   Well, it's just a matter of time I suppose before both programs are burned into a 49F040 as a "communications suite".  Easy as 1,2,3 -- (1)Plug in the cartridge, (2)turn on the TI and (3)go online.

Hey Greg, will arcadeshopper.com carry the complete package?  Might need a 3D printed case too!  ;)

#29 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:58 AM

I really love the TI section here at Atari Age, the endless invention and innovation of cool stuff satiates even my voracious appetite for new TI goodies.

If someone told me a year ago that people would be able to BBS or use Stuarts browser via WiFi with as little as a sidecar 32K and a small addition to the UberCart...   Well, it's just a matter of time I suppose before both programs are burned into a 49F040 as a "communications suite".  Easy as 1,2,3 -- (1)Plug in the cartridge, (2)turn on the TI and (3)go online.

Hey Greg, will arcadeshopper.com carry the complete package?  Might need a 3D printed case too!  ;)

I should clarify this project does not work with Stuarts Internet browser for connecting to websites.  I am sure it can easily be adapted to recognize both the standard ATDT command (which it already does) and the command that Stuarts Browser issues.

#30 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 PM

I should clarify this project does not work with Stuarts Internet browser for connecting to websites.  I am sure it can easily be adapted to recognize both the standard ATDT command (which it already does) and the command that Stuarts Browser issues.

I've been privately communicating with him about the possibility to adapting his browser to the ESP or WiFly command set. I had to prove we could do it first with TIMXT :)

#31 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 PM

I've been privately communicating with him about the possibility to adapting his browser to the ESP or WiFly command set. I had to prove we could do it first with TIMXT :)

Proved!    :-D  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

#32 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 PM

Also, Stuart should probably know the firmware I am using is not like the AI-Thinker firmware. I am using one by Paul Rickards that uses typical AT commands.  Well to a point it does.  It uses the standard ATDT, etc..Has a few others like ATI for IP information.

I can provide all the commands.

#33 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:23 PM

Got the Sparkfun board working without incident.

What firmware are you using? AT+CIPSTART returns a lot of gibberish when I attempt to telnet to something. See very top of screen.

7136715e0dcc0a5e6d67da974c0207c9.jpg

1c9eb588603dd5fe5d14159df27ab746.jpg

#34 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,639 posts

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:04 PM

Got the Sparkfun board working without incident.

What firmware are you using? AT+CIPSTART returns a lot of gibberish when I attempt to telnet to something. See very top of screen.

If I am interpreting this right, the sparkfun command doc https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/WiFi/Command%20Doc.pdf  indicates you are seeing unsolicited packets.  See the last row in the doc.  What that means with respect to the telnet connection and firmware, I do not know...

#35 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 PM

i'm working on a detailed doc from start to finish to load up the new firmware and get one of these going for the RS232 or NanoPEB.

#36 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 AM

Awesome. I can update the firmware to another type, just point me to the updater and bin for the firmware. I'm assuming there's OSS firmware for this, so assume there are choices.

#37 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 PM

Awesome. I can update the firmware to another type, just point me to the updater and bin for the firmware. I'm assuming there's OSS firmware for this, so assume there are choices.

i'll send you a PM

#38 Airshack ONLINE  

Airshack

Moonsweeper

• 378 posts

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 10:34 AM

http://biosrhythm.com/?page_id=1453

Easier solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 Sinphaltimus ONLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,639 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 11:56 AM

WOW, So did you ever get to write up a setup, configure, user manual for this? I'm ready to get the parts now considering it'll work with my nano.

#40 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 6:46 PM

WOW, So did you ever get to write up a setup, configure, user manual for this? I'm ready to get the parts now considering it'll work with my nano.

I have the documentation mostly done.  I need to go through it and add a few things.

I'm in Orldando for this week and hopefully can carve out some time to finish it and get it posted next weekend.

#41 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 10,086 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 7:16 PM

Acadiel's solution is one I want to try (when it's available as a completed unit for sale).

I'll also want to get a TIPI when they are ready.

And now we have the RS-232 plug in Wifi unit.

Who would have ever believed just a few years ago we would have so many options in 2017?

Depending upon where this all goes, I might end up retiring my UDS-10 and Vonets configuration.

#42 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,639 posts

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 8:27 PM

I'm still using the UDS for the BBS, Omega, but for the other connections I've started using tcpser and hope to use the wireless device soon.  Being able to type in a dns name beats IP addresses (most) any day. 

#43 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 9:17 PM

I'm still using the UDS for the BBS, Omega, but for the other connections I've started using tcpser and hope to use the wireless device soon.  Being able to type in a dns name beats IP addresses (most) any day. 

Agreed.  I do the same right now, use the UDS on the BBS and tcpser on the TI.  I am of course testing the WifiModem.

DNS is mucho better than remember IPs...

#44 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,830 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 9:54 PM

i've been working on the doc some this weekend.  I almost have it done.  I'm drawing a diagram that shows the components and how I have wired it.  Hoping to be done with it next day or so.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users