3 replies to this topic

#1 koolmoecraig OFFLINE  

koolmoecraig

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 PM

Has anyone done this?

Can you point me to a how-to?  

Doesn't seem to be a popular emulator on the 3DS but it has been done.

Thanks

#2 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,668 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:55 AM

You'd have to inject custom firmware. I don't know how well it would work (personally, I'd prefer a small cheap laptop for emulating a home computer) but there's lots more here https://wiki.gbatemp...ebrew_emulators

#3 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 18,013 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:37 AM

Yes. You really want a full-featured emulator on at least a netbook-class computer. Part of the emulation experience is all the extra features provided.

While it can be cool and all that, I think it would become wanting very quickly. IMHO.

#4 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,668 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 AM

I'm reading the documentation at the project page. It doesn't seem super well supported on the 3DS platform, because there's no device-specific guidance. I suppose you could talk to the developer here. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk ruining a nice 3DS to play Atari 8-bit stuff on a tiny screen with a virtual keyboard. I've toyed with all kinds of emulation on so many little handhelds, PDAs, and phones, and have landed on the super cheap HP Stream 11 as my favorite little retro computer emulator when I'm not just using the web versions from Archive.org

Looks nice enough in motion, though. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users