IGNORED

Program Recorder suddenly not working

digdugnate

Here in the last couple of days my Program Recorder has decided to stop working- the only thing I can think of that changed was that I added my PEB to my computer.

My Adventure cassettes that I know are good do not make the trademark 'data noise' when being loaded from the module, and all of them say 'error - no data found'.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Do I need to have the PEB off to use my cassettes?

Edited to add: I have not changed the volume settings on my Program Recorder- they are still at the 'default' where the white lines are in the middle. Adjusting the volume seems to have no effect with it making the 'data noises'.

Edited by digdugnate

how frustrating! :mad:

I tried removing the 'control' line, nogo. i reseated the cassette interface connection, no go. The interface cable is 'brand new' as is the recorder, since both were in a sealed box when i purchased them.

I was JUST playing Tunnels of Doom yesterday morning.

You do have the data cable plugged into the back of the computer, not on the left side?

Did you try playing the tape with the cable unplugged to make sure the recorder is still playing back audio?

And you are plugging the 1/8 plugs into the proper jacks?

You do have the data cable plugged into the back of the computer, not on the left side?

Did you try playing the tape with the cable unplugged to make sure the recorder is still playing back audio?

And you are plugging the 1/8 plugs into the proper jacks?

Correct, I have the data cable plugged into the back of the computer and plugs in the proper color coded jacks. I was playing Tunnels of Doom just yesterday morning and it worked flawlessly.

Strange that it isn't playing back the audio on the cassettes now. The only other thing I can think of that changed in my setup is I tried to record an EB program to a *blank* cassette last night, but how would this affect known good software tapes?

I appreciate everyone's input, for sure! I haven't finished Mystery Fun House yet. :_(

Ok try this. Press in on the record protect switch on the inside of the recorder - it's the little switch on the back. Then press the recorder button through 10 or so cycles. Sometimes when released from record the switch doesn't come back to "play" mode.

Ok try this. Press in on the record protect switch on the inside of the recorder - it's the little switch on the back. Then press the recorder button through 10 or so cycles. Sometimes when released from record the switch doesn't come back to "play" mode.

argh, it still isn't working. did i do something to mess up my recorder?

So, no audio even with all lines disconnected... volume all the way up?

Did you try rolling the volume and tone pots while play was pressed? Might have dirty pots...

nope, no audio even with lines disconnected and volume up, and i tried rolling the pots as well. it's nuts!

i'm just too aggravated to mess with this anymore tonight, lol.

for what it's worth, i WAS able to get Voodoo Castle and The Count to play the data back on the tape without the cable though.

I am going to mess with Opry's video and see what i can do to hook my interface cable up to a line-out on the computer- from what i skimmed if i have .wav files of the programs the Program Recorder is just for show. :)